SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the older (2000) te410 any fun? Or is it too slow? Seems to have about 10hp less then a wr or an exc. What about the engine? And what kind of maintenance should have been done after 7000miles (crankshaft etc???)?

I would be very gratefull if I could get some knowledge about the bike :anim_peep:
If it's any good it might end up to be my first tard :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Probably not many guys on here with one. Check out Cafe Husky, you might find some info on there.

Just me thinking, the money you would need to spend on it to get it in sumo trim may not be worth it. Wheels, tires, suspension and front brake adds up quick.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yeah, unless you already have the bike shop for a used SMR450 or 510. More power and already sumo. Or, buy a new SM630. They just dropped the price to $5999 new!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
That's a plus:thumbup: Power, I dunno. It should be amusing at least. Depends on what you want to do with it. First bike? Maintenance isn't bad on Husky's, pretty easy to work on. If you like the bike and the price is fair, take it for a test ride.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
They have around 42-45whp depending on dyno, jetting, etc. They have a lot more jam than something like a DRZ and feel A LOT lighter, but they still don't compare to a later model 450. Big difference, but I don't think it's 10hp. That's quite a bit.
Check for oil leaks and consumption, notchy gearbox, fresh fluids, etc. If it hasn't been sitting for any significant amount of time, it might be something to consider. Especially if it already has proper supermoto kit fitted. I hope it's above average condition, because it would be a pretty fun supermoto.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went out and rode it last week. It was an ok ride with pretty short gearing (didn´t ask but it powered up pretty much on it´s own on 2nd and revved up nicely, the dealer said top speed to be around 93mph). The engine seemed to be fine but not sure about the carbs (some twitching in the mid-range). And it was pretty beaten up on the outside so didn´t go for it. Plus it shaked like hell, my feet were feeling almost numb after a few minutes of riding. Do all of these shake like that???

For comparison rode my cousin´s drz just after that for the first and I gotta say the husky was from an other planet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2000 te410e, the street legal version. I haven't tarded it yet, but love it in stock trim, I am having some jetting issues, running super rich but I love it so far, hard to find parts though, major disadvantage compared to a ktm or japanese bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts