SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the wheels off a TE or TC on a 450/510sm? I have a 2006 510sm that i`d like to try using for some off road riding and dual sporting. I don`t mind keeping the large front brake setup if it will keep the swap simpler. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
952 Posts
I know they will not fit on the 06-07 bikes because they have the radial mounted brembo setup but i suppose you could run the large rotor and it shouldnt make too much difference as long as the spacing on the hub is the same...hope that helps

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
They should bolt right on BUT you have to run the radial mount with the 2006/07 unless you swap the fork boot. I had a 2004 and it went back and forth in about 30 minutes, brake and all. I ran my DRZ400SM with the big front brake due to a similar situation, if you are not running in rocks it worked fine (I ride mostly sand), just use 1 finger to brake :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help Jolly. I don`t mind running the radial brake because i don`t ride in super rock areas. I really looking to just run some trails and powerlines nothing crazy, but thats something i can`t really do with the sm tires. I`m going to try and find a set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts