SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was attempting to find tdc and broke off a small piece of wood in the cylinder. tried to get it with tweezers but the attempt failed and now it is out of sight. what are my options? i'm guessing i'm gonna have to pull some shit apart but i figured i'd ask here before i go any further to see if someone has a secret or anything helpful to add. thanks in advance

·
Banned
900 Posts
haha
turn you bike upside down is the easy one

i dont even use anything to find tdc now i can tell by looking at the valves move to see what stroke your in while spinning the rear wheel

·
Registered
831 Posts
I had a spark plug shatter when I was working on my FJ cruiser...well, of course I couldn't get the fragments out so what worked was buying a can of compressed air, it blew everything out and I was able to verify that everything was out.

I did connect a small hose to get the air to the bottom.

Hopefully, that works...good luck!

If possible I'd try to identify it that way when you blow out the wood you can verify that it is out. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'd probably build some Rube Goldberg contraption with a vacuum cleaner, small tubing, duct tape, mouse, cheez, and maybe a mojito. Not sure how it's gonna work yet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
a length of fuel line (small enough for plug hole) hooked up to a vacuum hose (use duct tape & crevice tool) problem solved :thumbup:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm thinking about just running it, the temps in a motor will burn the tiny piece pretty damn fast, i did pull the exhaust and try to blow it out with the air compressor, didnt seem to work but maybe got lucky. thanks for the tips

1 - 13 of 13 Posts