SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have or know where I can get some racing takeoffs for cheap? I definitely need slicks, and maybe rains, in 120/17 front and 160/17 rear. Doesn't really matter which brand. Thanks.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Does any one have or know where I can get some racing takeoffs for cheap? I definitely need slicks, and maybe rains, in 120/17 front and 160/17 rear. Doesn't really matter which brand. Thanks.
Hey Jason, I have a nearly new 17" front slick that I dont use anymore cause I have a 16.5. You can have it for free next time you come down to Oregon. I also have a "mich pilot race" rear thats about half used up I will donate as well if you are interested. The rear is a 150 .
-Tom

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! Thanks alot Tom, that would be great. I just need more track time to learn my bike a little better before I start dropping cash on some competitive rubber. I might be down there on the 9th. I'll let you know. Thanks again.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I've got a pair of Maxxis rains, Presa model (that's the extra-soft version), 165/50/17 and 120/60/17, that are in like-new condition. I bought them in the fall, and only used 'em 2 or 3 times on the dirt at Mickey Fay's indoor flat track before my wife asked me to not be going off racing so much. They've never been run on pavement. I've used this brand before, and they work fine on wet pavement, dirt, or concrete covered w/pop syrup, no BS. I'd hate to see them deteriorate from sitting unused because they are still like new. I paid appx $200 each. They're yours for half that, $100 each, but you've got to take a used set of slicks, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts