SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding home from work yesterday (in the light rain) and decided to stop and visit with some old buddies at a place where i used to work. When i went to get back on the bike, i noticed that my taillight was hanging by the wires with no red cover! The 'reflective' part that holds the bulb was missing a pretty big chunk, the wiring was kinda messed up, and the red cover, bolts, etc. were nowhere to be found. EFF!!!!! One of the wires pulled out (i guess from bouncing/riding on the rear tire for god knows how many wet miles), shorted, and blew my fuse. Needless to say, it was not a great ride home with all of this in the back of my mind.

Right now, it's zip tied into place with red tape over it... this is pretty darn effective, but ugly as hell.

The point of this story: Has anyone come up with a creative/sexy taillight alternative? How about an edge or an R1 tail? Maybe one off the new WR250 motard or enduro? I hate to just stick a stock one back on there without first exploring my options, so if you will, please show me what you got!

Thanks a bunch, guys! :thumbup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
GREAT IDEA... Change to an integrated TAILLIGHT... brake * license plate * taillight * turns signals. ALL IN ONE... joev lets see some pics of what you guys have on your supermoto.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I was going to try this Baja Designs LED light, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got this some days ago:

http://www.acerbis.com/p108_taillight/8326.html

Haven't installed it yet (lack of time).

It is way more compact than the stock one (i have the ie model that comes with a HUGE license plate holder), but still keeps the license plate visible (police friendly, not DOT though).

Installing any other taillight than the stock, will keep you busy with workarounds on how το fit it to the subframe. For mine, i've already thought of sth so as not to uninstall the turn-signals.

I'll get some photos of the process when I'll do it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I picked up this Motion Pro universal tail/brake and license plate light unit a while ago. It was only $15.00 bucks. It's not as slim as a LED but smaller that the stock one. My turn signals are LED and really bright (when they work, that is). I still haven't figured them out.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I added a Baja Designs LED to my 610, just to give the drunks more to aim at. It comes attached to a plastic piece to mount under your fender. Its bright enough to replace the stocker, and it will light up you license plate.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Was riding home from work yesterday (in the light rain) and decided to stop and visit with some old buddies at a place where i used to work. When i went to get back on the bike, i noticed that my taillight was hanging by the wires with no red cover! The 'reflective' part that holds the bulb was missing a pretty big chunk, the wiring was kinda messed up, and the red cover, bolts, etc. were nowhere to be found. EFF!!!!! One of the wires pulled out (i guess from bouncing/riding on the rear tire for god knows how many wet miles), shorted, and blew my fuse. Needless to say, it was not a great ride home with all of this in the back of my mind.

Right now, it's zip tied into place with red tape over it... this is pretty darn effective, but ugly as hell.

The point of this story: Has anyone come up with a creative/sexy taillight alternative? How about an edge or an R1 tail? Maybe one off the new WR250 motard or enduro? I hate to just stick a stock one back on there without first exploring my options, so if you will, please show me what you got!

Thanks a bunch, guys! :thumbup:
SEND ME YOUR E-MAIL AND I WILL SEND YOU A PICTURE OF WHAT I HAVE DONE TO MY TAILLIGHT.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lots of clean taillights... Mcinfantry, Is that an edge kit also? How bright is it?

Everyone pretty satisfied with the brightness of their taillight setups?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts