SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I have a 2002 cr250r I'm striping it and it's going to be a supermoto I'm trying to find info on a tail light can I run just the tail light off the stock electronics or do I need to get a new stator or rewind it? I'm not running a headlight or turn signals trust a brake light so the cops stay off my back a little Cuz I'm already going to draw enough attention lol also looking for info on the same thing on a 2003 KTM 250sx if any one has any info it would be appreciated thanks!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm happy with the Tusk LED unit on my XR (with motocross style rear fender). It is plenty bright in the daylight. Has little vertical sections that you can use to mount short-stalk turn signals if you need. License plate illumination, and the plastic lip is almost big enough for an MC license place.

Mine has survived the last couple years on mine and it's been hammered in the dirt and even survived being bashed around at Moab last fall. I would not hesitate to use another one.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1156/25859/Tusk-L.E.D.-TailLight-Brake-Light-Under-Fender

·
Registered
252 Posts
I would suggest rewinding your stator just so you can just DC electrics. I have the full Baja Designs dual sport kit which requires a better stator. I went with the 70W stator/flywheel kit Trail Tech offers. I'm sending my original stator into Baja Designs for the 90W rewind though. For a tail light I'd suggest sticking on a 250/450x rear fender with the tail light already built in. You can either get a hydraulic acquainted switch or a mechanical one, both are offered by Baja Designs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking into something very similar boogie_4wheel good to know it'll hold up!! EndGame I'm am trying to put the least amount of aftermarket things on I don't even want to put the brake light on and I still may not we will just have to wait and see. Do they offer any other windings and do you know about how long it will take to get back?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts