SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day, I tried getting my SXV up and going. Before then, it started fine every time. But this time, it started but then died out right away. I noticed the fuel pump wasn't priming. After doing some troubleshooting, found nothing to be wrong. Put it back together and tried it again, and it primed just fine. Suspected a loose connection. The next day (today), I came to start it for the first time after that. Fuel pump primed normally, but no start. It just turns and turns with no sucess. It has plenty of fuel in it (I put in a full tank of premium) and the fuses are just fine. Maybe its starved from fuel and just having a hard time getting some back into the cylinders? Is this a common issue? I haven't been able to do much troubleshooting right now, but next thing I'll check is spark.

(p.s. when the fuel pump wasn't priming, it was the hottest day out since I've had it at about 97F... don't know if that would effect anything)

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Have you tried twisting the throttle a a hair while starting it. I remember when I was racing mine at Pikes peak that when it was cold and high altitude it wouldn't start just by hitting the starter. I have to crack the throttle just a hair while hitting the start button. Then it fired right up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts