SuperMoto Junkie banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I didnt think I was going to like it but I went with Nolands advice for performance, ... not looks, went with the full Ti Akrapovic.
I just bought the same system. Sending my ECU to Allen for the remap. Did you dyno tune it or just run the factory Akra map? Stock air filter and box or something else?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I just bought the same system. Sending my ECU to Allen for the remap. Did you dyno tune it or just run the factory Akra map? Stock air filter and box or something else?
I run a pipercross aitfilter. Love it.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
This is an old thread. Not sure ApTard is still around.
Your best bet is to go with WHATEVER Allen says to do.
They make plenty of power stock, especially the 550's.
You can get more power out of them with exhaust and whatnot, but a better focus would be to make the XV motor as bullet proof as you can. Focus on reducing the odds of failure. Allen can help you with that as well. Depending on the year you may want DLC buckets, make sure the alternator bolts are tight, make sure you have black sealant between the case halves, make sure it starts quickly when cold (poor cold starting can toast the starter motor, that is mostly down to set up).
More info is at AF1 forum.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Thanks for the info. Allen has already resealed/updated the enging so that is good. Just looking for tuning info for the Akrapovic exhaust. :thumbup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a Crazly set up SVX 550 yrs ago, had a Full Titanium Sil Moto Exhaust, that what the Factory race bikes used.
Before you go Crazy with you mods, understand this bike is a PURE race bike, that means even cared for like a baby the engine is gonna need a rebuild at the 5,000 mi Mark.. I spent $1200 just to get a health ck, adj. valves at the 3,800 mi mark, it involves removing the engine from the frame.

Amazing looks and performance, just know what you’re getting into before you fully commit.😆

21 - 25 of 25 Posts