SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im the proud new owner an sxv 550 and I am stoked! It hasnt arrived yet (gets here either the 11th or 12th), but im so excited I could puke lol.

ANYWAY! I am already looking at a new exhaust system. To be honest, I have no clue where to start. I have seen some youtube videos here and there, but im still in the dark as far as im concerned. I do know that it will have to be to be remapped...or will it? (see...I have no idea). I know that I want to keep the undertail design, and am aware that whatever option I go with will be expensive enough to make me sick. So I guess my main questions are ; what exhaust options do I have? Where could i go to get it re-mapped?

Any input/advise/suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am an SXV noob! I know these bikes need to be taken care of, and am prepared to do so!

thanks guys!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Silimoto exhausts are the shiznit.... And join the af1 aprilia forum. Way more info there than here... And congrats on the bike!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!!! I will join right now!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No results yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Call me old fashion, but Im pretty partial to the stock exhaust. The bike makes crazy power as is, and there isnt much weight savings going aftermarket (this isnt a Honda). I think it sounds pretty good too.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know how I would aquire a gpr?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I am totally satisfied with my stock exhaust. Honestly its the sexiest part of the bike. Leave it alone and refresh or get ur suspension sorted out first.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with you to a certain extent. which is why I want to keep the undertail design (i.e SilMoto or GPR). From what I have heard, new exhaust opens them up alot.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Every time I buy an exhaust for a bike I wish I bought rear shock instead. Just saying.

Other than that, get an Arrow. The sil moto's are nice but the company hasn't made them in a while and used ones are at a premium. Arrow from AF1, probably in stock and you can get them to take 10% off if you ask. 900 bones for a full ti system is a pretty good deal! Make sure you get something to tune the bike with.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've noticed that everything is at a premium....

·
Registered
673 Posts
What kind of riding are you going to be doing? This bike has a lot of juice already. You may be happier getting some triples or suspension upgrades.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've noticed that everything is at a premium....
Again, its no Honda. in reality, there is far less on these bikes that needs replacing/upgrading out of the box. many of the components stock are at or above the level of the parts people are upgrading their DRZs and WRs with.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Again, its no Honda. in reality, there is far less on these bikes that needs replacing/upgrading out of the box. many of the components stock are at or above the level of the parts people are upgrading their DRZs and WRs with.
Yeah, welcome to Aprilia ownership. Fun as shit though!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Avoid the GPR at all costs.....
If your riding mostly on the street get a stainless system. The Ti systems are nice but there were some cracking issues...not every welder can weld Ti!

Hook up with someone that has a KWest cable for the remap, or buy one.

Welcome to the sickness!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've heard about tuneboy ...is that any good?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
tuneboy is yesteryears method....and not very user friendly from what I understand.

Get a KWest cable and be done with it. Very user friendly.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Never owned one personally, but just from universal hearsay, your bike is a monster power and sound wise (stock).

You have ALOT to learn about the bike in its stock format bro. Get ALL the maintenance stuff out of the way first. Make sure the bike is in top working order and make sure you understand the mechanics of that monster before getting into fuel mapping, and other various expensive (possibly unnecessary) aftermarket parts.

Pretty sure you are going to hear this over and over again from various people on here that are "in the know", you might want to listen.......:hmmm:

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have a silmoto stainless and im happy with it. only defect was one of the mounting holes werent centered so im useing 3 of the 4 mounting points

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I didnt think I was going to like it but I went with Nolands advice for performance, ... not looks, went with the full Ti Akrapovic. The sound catches you at first and then ... the look grows on you faster than anything. Not sure if you can get your hands on one anymore but didnt see anyone else talk about it. My buddy has the GPR and it's way too loud and annoying, nevermind there's no mapping for it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts