SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys not new to the site just never post to much. Well the time has come for me to pick up a Sumo, and I found a smoking deal on a 2009 SXV with 800 miles for 4,800.oo. Gonna pick it up this weekend if all goes well. Ive been around bikes most of my life but not to many Sumo's, and never an Aprilia. I know about the engine sealent Issue, and that it should not be an issue on the 09 models, also know about the high maintance of these bikes. Is there anything I should really check on the bike that is specific to this make and model. Just trying to make sure its not a lemon before i take the girl home to Pa. Any comments would be helpful

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Hey guys not new to the site just never post to much. Well the time has come for me to pick up a Sumo, and I found a smoking deal on a 2009 SXV with 800 miles for 4,800.oo. Gonna pick it up this weekend if all goes well. Ive been around bikes most of my life but not to many Sumo's, and never an Aprilia. I know about the engine sealent Issue, and that it should not be an issue on the 09 models, also know about the high maintance of these bikes. Is there anything I should really check on the bike that is specific to this make and model. Just trying to make sure its not a lemon before i take the girl home to Pa. Any comments would be helpful
This is were you need to read up , its what I did . And congrats .:thumbup:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
AF1 without a doubt but as far as an 09 goes I think at 800 miles you need an oil change and ... that's it. Not sure if there's going to be anything you can see by walking up to a strange bike. Maybe take the oil cap off the tank, it's the black plastic cap up on the left side near the neck, see if has any milky color on the cap but really that's only going to show you if it's go moisture in it. This can be benign like it just doesn't get used enough or a symptom to something bigger but with an 09 and 800 miles I just can't think there's anything wrong yet. Good luck. You're about to buy the best thing you'll ever own. I was fortunate enough to not read a bunch of forums before I bought mine and dove right in. Got it home and went on with derestricting it which led me to all the "OMFG" forums posts. Never one day have I had one regret. :bike:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
with an 09 and 800 miles I just can't think there's anything wrong yet.
Thats about all you need to know. For now. :rofl::rofl:

led me to all the "OMFG" forums posts. Never one day have I had one regret. :bike:
There are a lot of those. Wonder why.

No personal experience with an Ape, but I've heard plenty. This is, of course, coming from a guy who likes to change his oil every 2500 miles and check valves every couple of years.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Haters gonna hate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts