SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how often do u guys put new fluid in and wat happens if u dnt change gear oil. my mechanic said gearboxoil should be ok for much much longer, is it true:headscrat:headscrat:headscrat

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
not sure if its true or not....I change mine everytime I change the engine oil so I know how much is in there and its clean. I dont ever add as its only 3-500 miles between changes and the level doesnt drop in that time period. isnt your gearbox worth more than 15 bucks???

Spence

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm ordering some of that, I have read that it is the business when it comes to gear oil. some chap claims (strongly) he has 3 seasons of racing on 1 clutch on the shockproof(R) redline product, he used the superlite but I have ordered the 80w as all out proformance is not quite as important as longevity.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The clutch particles are the main cause for keeping the tranny oil fresh. Especially the first 500 - 1000 miles, There is always a lot of very fine particles in my tranny oil from the clutch. I consider it normal and put it on the same schedule as the engine oil changes, now set at 17 hrs for street use only (so far) Seems to work out to around 500+ miles. 13 hrs was factory setting on the display.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Who out there is still rocking their SXV in 2020??? I just picked up an 07 beauty yesterday and the only post I can find on this thing are 10 to 15 years old. Please tell me there are still dudes out there shredding knar in 2020 on an SXV!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
07 is a bad year unfortunately. what sealant doe it have on the cases? Orange or black?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's black I believe. The previous owner told me that the engine was redone by Amuri in So Cal so hopefully this thing will go thousands and thousands of miles. If Amuri "did" redo the engine then everything engine wise should be better than new I would imagine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts