SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hay everyone.

i just bouth a sxf 350 18' and i want to install 2009 smc 690 caliper on it.

i faund a purte1 bracker and this is so expansive.

i have a cnc that i can machine one for myself.

its have someone here that he have this bracker or simier?

its have another bracket at cheeper price?

thenks

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I doubt the 2009 SMC caliper is very good. I'd suggest using a modern sportbike caliper instead. I know the Yamaha ones are popular on other bikes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thenks.

I already have that and I donot want to spend more money.

Its have somethink else I need.

I have the caliper whit mc 320mm disc and the spacer.

I need just the bracket and then its plug and play.?

Thenks

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Using the Purte 1 bracket with 690 SMC caliper here on KTM bolt pattern Marzocchi forks. It's ok I think if mated to the right master cylinder, but mine is too large (Beringer Bro12)= no feeling. I knew this going in, but I had planned to upgrade the caliper and still haven't. Using stock CRF caliper and master cylinder on another sumo and it's better than this set-up. 320mm rotor on both.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Toxic Moto had a 6pot Berringer caliper, KTM marked, for $425... I think it was pre-owned but unused. Too bad you didn't manage to get it, it'd work great with that master.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Toxic Moto had a 6pot Berringer caliper, KTM marked, for $425... I think it was pre-owned but unused. Too bad you didn't manage to get it, it'd work great with that master.
(sorry to de-track) I use that same caliper on my 500 EXC with another KTM Beringer BRO 12 (amazing). So I'm spoiled now because I know how good it can be. Haha. A lot of people don't know, but you can buy the Beringer KTM stuff a lot cheaper through your KTM dealer than the same components from a Beringer importer. All orange though. I kinda want black next time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts