SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the first components for our (Malins) KTM 125 SX 2005 to be supermoto :) Theres loads of 125EXC out there but SX's are rare so its gonna be fun to ride this bike on track this summer!

Its gonna be a MX/SM mixed bike so wheels, spacers and discs will be the first step.

16,5" front wheel with motomaster 320mm disc and Bridgestone BM01Z Soft Supermoto race spec slick mounted:

Too bad as with most 16,5" you need to remove the disc to mount the caliper...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wheels and front brake test mounted, turns out you cant use 320mm disc with the beringer 4 pot

Does anyone know what banjo-connectors are used on the KTM's?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Cool project. Keep us posted. I can't answer your questions, but will follow your build. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
125's are badass at short tracks! the squealing sound it makes is heavenly.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Good luck with it!

I finally hit the track on my YZ125 today! It has to be the most fun I have had on a tard!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had to get a 310mm disc because my caliper didnt take the 320. I thought it would but it was missing a couple of mm's. So a new disc is comming, and I've got a couple of handguards off my aprilia (which will get a couple of new ones) and a new brake line with my own specs

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got this thing on the track yet? :D
Dude we have two foot snow!

what size rear wheel(4.25, 4.50, 5.00) and tire?
Its a 5" with 165 bridgestone supermoto slick, may be overkill but hey, I get those tires from bridgestone for my bike ;) 5" is no problem mounting, a little hard to put into the swingarm tho

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got the first components for our (Malins) KTM 125 SX 2005 to be supermoto :) Theres loads of 125EXC out there but SX's are rare so its gonna be fun to ride this bike on track this summer!

Its gonna be a MX/SM mixed bike so wheels, spacers and discs will be the first step.

16,5" front wheel with motomaster 320mm disc and Bridgestone BM01Z Soft Supermoto race spec slick mounted:

Too bad as with most 16,5" you need to remove the disc to mount the caliper...

Dude we have two foot snow!

Its a 5" with 165 bridgestone supermoto slick, may be overkill but hey, I get those tires from bridgestone for my bike ;) 5" is no problem mounting, a little hard to put into the swingarm tho
whats the parts list?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts