SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Ride both. One is slightly bigger, has slightly more power, weighs slightly more. The other is slightly smaller, slightly lighter, and has slightly less power. Both are good bikes, both are very low maintenence by motard standards. Both have good aftermarket support, maybe a little moreso for the DRZ, but certainly not bad for the WRX. The DRZ is carbed, some people like that. The WRX if fuel injected, some people like that.

Yeah, I know...not much help. Like I said, best thing you can do is ride both of them.

·
Registered
446 Posts
WR feels more like a dirt bike that needs to be wound out.
DRZ feels more like a street bike that has good low end grunt but tops out sooner on the highway.

Both bikes suck is stock form.

Plan on spending around $1,000 in aftermarket parts to get the most out of either bike.
Include mods and good riding gear in your budget while shopping.

WRx costs a little more to mod due to the Power Commander and full exhaust but comes with better suspension out of the box.
Both of my DRZsm's felt soft and needed some suspension work. I'm 200lbs so you experience might be different.

DRZ typically is cheaper to buy than the WR but it doesn't have the modern FI or aluminum frame.

6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other.
Best to try both and see which suits your riding style better.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
WR feels more like a dirt bike that needs to be wound out.
DRZ feels more like a street bike that has good low end grunt but tops out sooner on the highway.

Both bikes suck is stock form.

Plan on spending around $1,000 in aftermarket parts to get the most out of either bike.
Include mods and good riding gear in your budget while shopping.

WRx costs a little more to mod due to the Power Commander and full exhaust but comes with better suspension out of the box.
Both of my DRZsm's felt soft and needed some suspension work. I'm 200lbs so you experience might be different.

DRZ typically is cheaper to buy than the WR but it doesn't have the modern FI or aluminum frame.

6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other.
Best to try both and see which suits your riding style better.
ding ding ding :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:....... either way, you will need to do some modding to get the most out of either one. really you cant go wrong with either.. both dead reliable, fun, and relatively cheap

that said, ive rode both of them a lot, stock and modded..... still like the drz better.....not saying that the 250 is a bad bike... its a great step in the right direction... it just cant/wont have the power of a dizzer :D kinda goes back to the old rule of thumb, there is no replacement for displacement :bannana:

but i would give my left nut and part of a lung for the drz to be FI and a 6 speed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts