SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yamaha WR450X for '09???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings.

A buddy received the following e-mails from a local Yamaha dealer (not sure which) in response to a query regarding the WR250X.

One-
we are sold out on the x model.... and i dont know of any dealers with them in stock either.. anyway it might be worth the wait for the 09's they might be making it in a 450 !!! anyway if you have any questions feel free to call,

Two-
yamaha has not let us know if they are making it in a 450 but most of us think that they will and i will know after the dealer meeting in september on the details.....

Maintaining the same power/cc ratio would mean ~54hp (assuming 30 for the 250). That would be agreeable.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
300 Posts
i would question the reliability of the 450. but if they did make one....pending the price i may trade up. stock is 33-35 i think for the drz

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I think the Yamaha 450 has again been rumored only. I have seen as many "sources" saying there won't be one as there are saying there will be.

The new BMW G450X is looking pretty interesting. 450cc, fuel injected, street legal and being a BMW I am betting the maintenance interval will be realistic for a street bike. Only down side is that it will have a BMW price tag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts