SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a basically brand new Surflex slipper clutch for the 450/510/610 modern Husky motor. I tried to install it once, but broke my clutch master cylinder in the process. Ended up putting the original clutch back in. This unit was oiled, but never saw a running motor.

Comes complete in the original box with three sets of clutch springs. More info at: http://www.ferracci.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=227

Retails for $959

Selling for $625

·
Registered
657 Posts
This is a great clutch but it will not fit a 610 unless you change the clutch basket to an aftermarket one which is a bigger deal than you might think. This is a super clutch and a very easy install for the 450?510. You most likely broke you slave because you pulled the lever while the clutch was apart.

·
Registered
657 Posts
These clutches do not come with the holding tool but the STM tool works fine, the ktm or nonHonda, nonyamaha, tool. You can get the nut off with impact wrench but I would not recomend the reinstall with impact. If you get creative you can figure how to hold the center part of the clutch to tighten it without the tool. You need a new nut plate aka locking washer, you hould not reuse the old one and they are only a couple of bucks from your friendly Husky dealer. The center nut should be torqued to 55ft/lbs.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
These clutches do not come with the holding tool but the STM tool works fine, the ktm or nonHonda, nonyamaha, tool. You can get the nut off with impact wrench but I would not recomend the reinstall with impact. If you get creative you can figure how to hold the center part of the clutch to tighten it without the tool. You need a new nut plate aka locking washer, you hould not reuse the old one and they are only a couple of bucks from your friendly Husky dealer. The center nut should be torqued to 55ft/lbs.

put her in 2nd gear and step on the rear brake lever. then when you hear the torque wrench go click, click! your good. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts