1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
My GSXR needs to be ridden. May not happen. I am havin too much fun on the Sumo

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would have to agree. I gave up road racing, sold my R6 race bike for a sumo. I even gave my interceptor up because I don't ride it anymore. I love my Husky! :arsenal

·
Registered
113 Posts
My GSXR needs to be ridden too..... I haven't touched it since i got my Sumo. I let the plates expire.
I let the plates expire and canceled the insurance on my GSXR. It's now up for sale all thanks to the sumo.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
supermotos suck!

(ok not really, but im bored and wanted to argue...)

·
Registered
662 Posts
I let the plates expire and canceled the insurance on my GSXR. It's now up for sale all thanks to the sumo.
Yep...sold the CBR1000RR, then got rid of the GSXR to get my Sumo!:thumbup:....and as of last count 4 of my buddies have done the same!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know I changed a bunch of hearts and minds the other night while riding my sumo with some rockets. I was in and outta ditches, jumping curbs, backing it in around corners, etc. and they, well, went fast and straight.....lol

Everyday when I come home from a ride I ask my wife if I told her how much I love my bike....'cuz I really do. My Uly is in the shop and I could care less to be honest, the DRZ is WAY more fun....but the Uly, if ridden right, is a fatter Sumo in my opinion

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
sold a 954rr honda for my sumo......if i only would of known 5 years ago that it was so easy to plate a dirtbike in ohio ........i love it!.....

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i rode with a buddy of mine who has an r6 and he just couldn't hang in the corners. i would have went even crazier but all the nice twisty stuff was still wet from the rain we had this morning so i had to take it easy. it was still fun though.

oh and then we had to stop for gas and 2 people came up to me and gave me all kinds of compliments on my bike. they thought my bike was the coolest thing and they didn't pay any attention to my buddies r6. it felt great! :)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
oh and then we had to stop for gas and 2 people came up to me and gave me all kinds of compliments on my bike. they though my bike was the coolest thing and they didn't pay any attention to my buddies r6. it felt great
Now that is AWESOME! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Eh, don't feel bad for your buddy. He's a sheeple that bought an R6! :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yeah, my SUMO is all I want to ride, honestly. I can have more fun on that bike and never exceed 85 mph. I rode my V-Max on Saturday and it is just not as fun. It handles like crap, it is heavy and to have fun, you really need to haul ass. Of course, on that bike 100 is gone in a flash and 3 gears. The SUMO is all about action..lots of shifting and throwing the bike around. A friend and I found this magical little road that we have ridden a few times and it is SUMO heaven. Basically a paved trail through the woods. All very tight...just a blast and yoou could only tear this road up on a SUMO, nothing else would work on this road.

My V-Max is for sale if anyone wants one!

Mike

·
Registered
156 Posts
i seriously have never had this much fun in my entire life. it is so addicting.
you know we live in an incredible area for these bikes- just got back from a blast east of rhinebeck- one lane, hilly, twisty and deer all over- it's like a video game.:thumbup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
sold a 954rr honda for my sumo......if i only would of known 5 years ago that it was so easy to plate a dirtbike in ohio ........i love it!.....
looks like those are skateboard wheels for sliders? :thumbup: I've been looking for a way to make some

+1 Sold the CBR for the supermoto, it's so much more fun!! and I don't have to go over 75.. My sportbike buddies are all asking why I got a little dirtbike... just waitin to smoke them on the twisties!!:laughingr

·
Registered
605 Posts
Last time I rode my Yamaha R1 was to go from San Diego to Salinas for the MotoGP races in July 2007. Next time I plan to ride it.... 2008 Laguna Seca MotoGP.. I was just catching crap from my buddies due to the cobwebs in the undertail section !!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts