SuperMoto Junkie banner

SUPERMOTOCANADA Hits The Airwaves on TSN

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Racer78 
#1 ·
SUPERMOTOCANADA Hits The Airwaves on TSN

Toronto, Ontario – November 1, 2004

SuperMoto Canada is proud to announce the broadcast schedule on TSN HD of the Picton and Parry Sound rounds of the championship.

SuperMoto Canada has taken the bold step of being Canada’s first race series to be captured and broadcast in the latest media format Hi Definition (HD).

The first episode from the Ride to Remember in Picton will be aired on Saturday November 27th at 11am. It will then be repeated on Tuesday November 30th at 3:30pm, Friday December 3rd at 12:30am and then on Saturday December 4th at 5:00am.

The second episode from the Sport Bike Rally in Parry Sound will air on TSN Saturday December 4th at 11:00am then repeated on Wednesday December 8th at 5:00pm, Friday December 10th at 12:30am and Saturday December 11th at 4:00am. Future episode scheduling will be posted online at www.supermotocanada.com.

The shows will feature some of North America’s best riders in the Premiere 450/Open and the Teknic Pro/Am 250 classes. Dave Arnold, Doug Beattie, Mark Burkhart and many more battle it out with the scenic backdrop of Georgian Bay and the historical site of the Air Forces base in Picton.

Industry support from Harley-Davidson, Honda, Yamaha and Teknic Gear has made supermoto racing come to life on TSN HD. Other industry support from the World Supercross series, SuperMoto Accessories and Michelin Tires have helped build the broadcast in it’s inaugural season.

The show’s executive producer Dave Hatch from Whistle Stop Productions has proclaimed supermoto as Canada’s first “Made for TV” form of racing and expects big things in the future as the sport and new venues come on board.

SuperMoto Canada is pleased to announce the return of Teknic Gear, a world-class performance clothing and accessory manufacturer as the Title sponsor of the Teknic Gear Pro/Am 250 class as the official apparel supplier of the 2005 SuperMoto Canada National Championship.

When asked about this exciting new opportunity for SuperMoto Canada, President Ted Baker says “It continues to be an exciting time for supermoto racing in North America. The television coverage should really boost awareness of the sport and increase racer participation. The exposure this summer of the supermoto race at the X-Games and all new venues in the AMA series only adds to the sport growth”.

For further details on all broadcast schedules and all the latest news and race event dates and locations for the 2005 SuperMoto Canada Championships log onto www.supermotocanada.com.

Be sure to catch us at the upcoming Toronto Motorcycle Show and take part in all the action of the World Supercross at the Skydome. See local listings for details.

Ted Baker
President
SuperMoto Canada
Tel. 905-509-3793
Fax 905-509-6177
cel. 416-991-7608
e. tbaker@supermotocanada.com
www.supermotocanada.com

See less See more
#10 ·
Wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Just thought I'd try to get my ass moving and start posting again!
I'm promoting the Owen Sound round for SuperMoto Canada in 2007, so I'm developing that now, and I'm looking for SMC logos (well, ok - sponsors and racers too!) lol

/me dusts off the thread again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.