SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm sure it's been asked before, but I've got a drz 'S' which I want to convert to supermoto... I've found a kit which includes wheels, tires, front fender - the lot... But after reading the whole things, I noticed that it says the warp 9 wheels don't fit the standard speedo drive... And they recommend to buy a different speedo? I don't really wanna mess around with my bike too much.

Does anyone know where I can find a supermoto kit that I can just bolt right on to my drz 'S'?

I plan on buying this at the end of the week, so the sooner I can find this stuff the better! Itching to get leaning the bike right over.... :D
Thanks very much!

·
Registered
894 Posts
dude you're changing your bike, no matter what. plus I didn't see you type front brake. Is you're bike street legal now? standard front brakes don't cut it, safety first man

·
Registered
568 Posts
SM Pro wheels from Wheeling Cycle are set up for the speedo drive. You should be able to get everything you need from there. Keep in mind that the speedo is going to be off considerably because of the different size wheels, so you might as well get the warp 9's and a trailtech vapor speedo like everyone else.
Here's my brother's setup with the SM Pro's, he got the speedo drive hub, but we ended up putting on a vapor this past weekend.

·
Registered
24 Posts
+1 on the vapor, you get more features out of that little thing than the giant stock box can give you, plus you lose the cable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys!
Looks like I'm gunna have to suck it up and pay the extra money for the vapor then. :)

I'll let you know how it goes. :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
I ended up with some used excel rims with drz specific talon hubs, and they work with the stock speedo (not that I have one). Another good option is to pick up a set of used factory drz sm wheels. They will bolt up to your s and have the fingers for the speedo as well.

If you buy factory rims, they might come with rotors. The factory sm front brake rotor won't do you much good, though, unless you swap over to the usd forks ;)

·
Registered
573 Posts
If you get a hub with tabs for the speedo drive, you can get an SM specific speedo drive from suzuki. I had DRZ hubs laced to excel rims and just bought the SM specific drive. Too bad you weren't looking a month ago. I just sold my whole SM setup :p

The Vapor is nice, have one on my CRF, but I didn't really want to swap out speedos on my DRZ either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts