·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
797 Posts
Mike D's videos rock!

yeah i didnt see what happened, just saw you in the infield but im guessing from where you were at that you lost the front....GNARLY, hope you are alright Mike....i sampled plenty of the "dirt" yesterday myself in practice AND the heat (its called a jump).... i'd love to see more of those vholdr videos of your Mike! Awesome Riding by Tim McC giving Hensley a serious race in that vet final!:thumbup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks guys, i'm feeling much better. I lost the front on the second fast downhill and tumbled right in front of the rider that I had just passed. I got a kick in the back of the head from either his boot or part of his bike.. knocked me silly for a few minutes. In fact my helmet camera landed about 50' up the hill from where I crashed. I got lucky for sure on that one as it could have been much worse! I wish I could post a video of it but the camera shut off from the impact and corrupted the file.

Anyway, i'll post up all my videos later this evening.

·
Registered
158 Posts
:clap:Shawm Mc. I love watching you start from the back of the pack!!! You always seem to get to the front really quickly. That Honda 2 Stroke power is on.... Awsome JOB!!! T.C.#250

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thanks Tiger. Looks like you just missed your first win in beginner ...... again........hey those second place finishes are still ripping, especially on a CR250R!!! My pipe got smashed in my heat crash so i was very "motivated" and i held the gas on pretty long up the outside going into turn 1.... Lee got the hole shot and had the inside covered as i was in second until the end of the uphill straight after the chicane....but i was lucky it didnt wheelie off the launch so i didnt have to let up ...all the vet 30+ haul the mail .....this weekend was my 3rd gold medal in 3 seasons so i was pretty happy considering i wrenched on my bike more than i rode it. Im also glad ole Ratner 312(Bakotard) didnt get mangled losing a chain at WIDE OPEN THROTTLE on the first big downhill!!! GNARLY! I didnt get to hang out with everybody as much since i was so shot from taking River to costa mesa speedway races the night before and then having to wrench on my bike so much...

·
Registered
529 Posts
!! GNARLY! I didnt get to hang out with everybody as much since i was so shot from taking River to costa mesa speedway races the night before and then having to wrench on my bike so much...
How did River do out there? We ended up at Glen Helen Sunday. We missed you guys, We will be at Grange in July. Tell Wendy happ belated bday for us.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Right On :thumbup: I'll upload a couple more good ones from Stateline to add to the collection.

The camera is called a Vholdr available from www.vholdr.com for around $350 bucks. So far no problems with it and it's even survived some of my crashes :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Do you think that helmet camera will work at night, we are having a night race at grange Sat. June 28th, and that would be a sweet video.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Thanks Tiger. Looks like you just missed your first win in beginner ...... again........hey those second place finishes are still ripping, especially on a CR250R!!! My pipe got smashed in my heat crash so i was very "motivated" and i held the gas on pretty long up the outside going into turn 1.... Lee got the hole shot and had the inside covered as i was in second until the end of the uphill straight after the chicane....but i was lucky it didnt wheelie off the launch so i didnt have to let up ...all the vet 30+ haul the mail .....this weekend was my 3rd gold medal in 3 seasons so i was pretty happy considering i wrenched on my bike more than i rode it. Im also glad ole Ratner 312(Bakotard) didnt get mangled losing a chain at WIDE OPEN THROTTLE on the first big downhill!!! GNARLY! I didnt get to hang out with everybody as much since i was so shot from taking River to costa mesa speedway races the night before and then having to wrench on my bike so much...
Ya, how did the kid like that stuff??
:eek:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Ya, how did the kid like that stuff??
:eek:
HE LOVED IT! what isnt there to love? short walks in the pits.... cool weather in costa mesa....steer to the right and pin it to go left....a first corner battle in every corner and only 4 laps.....he is hooked and said he liked how much different is was from supermoto or mx....uh yeah WHERE'S the BRAKES? he likes BOTH he says but he said he'd rather circletrack a speedway bike than a mini flattrack style bike (he rode my 88 kit XR50 in the amatuer afternoon as well but hated having to let off the gas in the corner.....the speedway bike is opposite obviously) .....and he said the crowd cheering was cool but he was kinda embarassed......hilarious! He won the semi in the last 15 feet off turn four by a fender at the tapes!!! He was in second until the apex of 3-4!!! It was epic! He threw his fist in the air for victory and pulled his kill switch lanyard....coasting to a halt down in turn 1.....it was classic! He rode awesome considering he has around 40-50 laps ever on that new scooter i built...he was the littlest and youngest rider on a speedway bike at the show! Sorry for the threadjack Longthrottle, the supermoto video collection is bitchin'!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts