SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 17 of 164 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what the top speed where of the aprilia sxv 4.5 and 5.5 and also Ktm's 690 smc,if any one knows the hp or 0-60 on any one of these bikes that would be great also...I'm in the market for a new bike and I'm not sure what to get...the husky's look nice also.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I seen in some posts that the aprilia's are high maintenance machines,I think they look great...but high maintenance is not that great,then again the high horsepower is nice also!!!So far Ive seen that the husky and the KTM are the way to go!!!!!!!!!!I know the supermoto's are all about fun I was just curious on what kind of speeds these newer bikes where getting.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Funny thing is I have a sportbike,I was just looking into what they are capable of!!!I am just wanting to know about more powerfull bikes than the suzuki 400 that has 40 or so bhp.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I have a 04 Kawi ZX6RR and its alot of fun,I was just trying to find out witch bikes are the big dogs in the supermoto class...but I seen that real supermoto's are single cylinder powered,witch makes the aprilia in a class of its own I guess,I really like the aprilia but they sound like they have to much power and maintenance for me...honeslty I like the rev's of my 600 and less torque than a 1000 class bike,as like a 125 compared to a 250 MX bike...with saying that do you think I should be looking at converting a 450 enduro or mx bike as to buying 500-600+cc suoermoto?Thanks for the help...I know it sounded like I was after a rocketship but honestly i just wanted to see the stats on the bikes.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I find the aprilia 4.5-5.5 are very nice looking bikes but like alot of you guys are saying its the fun factor with these bikes that makes them what they are...the Husqvarna 450/510,the Husaberg 450/650,and the ktm 690 smc look like what I'm leaning towards...the Husabergs don't look street legal though...great looking and light though.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I just seen some close ups of the husabergs and I seen the blinkers!!!What the diff between Husabergs,husqvarnas,and KTM's for maintenance and stuff to be aware of?

1 - 17 of 164 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.