SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what the top speed where of the aprilia sxv 4.5 and 5.5 and also Ktm's 690 smc,if any one knows the hp or 0-60 on any one of these bikes that would be great also...I'm in the market for a new bike and I'm not sure what to get...the husky's look nice also.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have seen 100 mph on my SXV5.5 and the thing was still pulling like a bastard. However that is not exactly a fun experience. Generally I try to keep it under 70 mph with only the shortest blasts above that speed. The thing is crazy fast and a ton of fun up to 60 mph.

·
Registered
605 Posts
i've done 116 on my 2006 KTM 625 SMC with stock gearing

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've seen 102 mph indicated on my DRZ 400 with more left.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I seen in some posts that the aprilia's are high maintenance machines,I think they look great...but high maintenance is not that great,then again the high horsepower is nice also!!!So far Ive seen that the husky and the KTM are the way to go!!!!!!!!!!I know the supermoto's are all about fun I was just curious on what kind of speeds these newer bikes where getting.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Most SM bikes will pull just over 100mph but with their light weight and lack of aerodynamic fairings it becomes a windy, sketchy, twitchy, spooky ride at sustained speeds above 80mph.

Don't make any buying decisions based simply on advertised top speeds. The supermoto crack party is mostly about the crazy fun to be had in the 10-70mph speed ranges.

If you're looking for a highway bike then supermoto is kind of the wrong way to go.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
i was on the interstate for a few minutes yesterday with my bike, and it was fine sitting at 75-80 mph.
Heavier supermoto bikes like the 690SMC at 325 pounds (dry) are not surprisingly a tad more stable running in high wind speeds than my 255 pounds (dry) Husaberg. :D Different bikes, different results, still lots of fun either way.

Pork has its advantages. Just razzing you. I like the new 690's. ;)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Heavier supermoto bikes like the 690SMC at 325 pounds (dry) are not surprisingly a tad more stable running in high wind speeds than my 255 pounds (dry) Husaberg. :D Different bikes, different results, still lots of fun either way.

Pork has its advantages. Just razzing you. I like the new 690's. ;)
305 pounds sir. maybe 325 filled with fuel and everything. :D

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I saw about 105 on my 305# 690 SMC and it was still pulling briskly and was dead stable. It was enough for me and this is coming from a guy who has topped out sport bikes for years. I guess I'm getting old.

·
Registered
681 Posts
since everyone is posting up i guess ill go ahead and say what ive seen. i got my 06 450smr up to 102-104 on stock gearing. that was the very top of 4th gear, and i shifted into 5th and it stayed the same and when i shifted to 6th it slowed down. i dropped down a tooth on the front sprocket, and i figure i may be able to get some more out of it, but its definitely not fun that fast.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts