SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just wondering what stand everyone is using for SM bikes. Some of us SM ladies are looking for the right stand. The bikes are stock but they are still too low. We have to wiggle the bike just to get it on the stand.

Anyone know if there are stands with low platform? Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I just use a regular MX type aluminum tube stand (I think its fly brand)

I will have back problems because of it in a few years Im sure

But I have yet to see one of the push the lever down with your foot stands that are actually stable...Id rather strap the bike to the truck and let it lean...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Just a thought, but if you've got sliders on your axles, you could use a sportbike wheel lift. The stand that ski put up looks super nice and stable. I like that it has the cut-out to be able to change oil too. That's pretty pricey though too.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I use two different stands. One is DRC HC2 stand and is a lift stand. (http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop?action=category&cat_id=58 look about halfway down the page.)

The other is one of the standard dirtbike stands that I have.

I use the lift stand at the track between heats. The regular stands I use in the garage or at the track for overnights or on long days. I've been lifting MX bikes on and off of the regular stands for a LONG time, so learning the technique was the key to not having back problems.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm using a supermoto/mini-moto conventional stand. it's like 13.5" tall and I think its easier than lifting the bike onto the regular height (17") mx stands. I agree with the other guys as far as most of the lift stands being unstable but its just with the single lift tube stands...the scissor style and the two post stand pictured above look pretty beefy and i'd imagine a lot more stable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for all the replies guys. I'll share these with the rest of the gals. Thanks again! :clap::thumbup:

·
Registered
195 Posts
+2 on the DRC. I have the one with the dmaper and I love it. It is really stable even in 50 mph winds! The hieght is adjustable for lower bikes and can be adjusted high enough to get both tires sufficient ground clearance for tire warmers. The lift lock feature is nice (I keep my bike in the showroom at the shop) and keeps kids or me from accidentally letting it down during a wheel change or even starting. The table top spins and can be a little of a pain when cleaning the chain or wheels as the whole bike likes to turn a little. Technique helps here and it can be convienent! At the track I have wiped the rear wheel and spun the whole bike 180 while still sitting on my work stool to work the front! There is virtually no play and after a moto or two in 100+ degree weather is much nicer than lifting the bike!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
apa - Is this sturdy?

·
Registered
689 Posts
KTM lift stand, best one I have used

- Cant see anything that could brake
- Easy to slide under the bike, but rubber feet make it sturdy, and easy to work with
- Comes in MX/Supermoto versions
- Easy to lower/raise with your boot
- €50!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts