SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SUPERMOTO SPOKANE Presented by KDR Powersports
Supermoto comes back to Spokane in a big way July 19 and 20, 2008 at the SKRA Raceway ORV Park.

While this is not a series pointed event for SMUSA NW we expect many of the SMUSA NW riders will be in attendance since this track is a favorite among the riders. For those of us heading to Evil Knievel Days in Butte, this is a great warm up race and is on the way.

Randy and his crew run top notch events and this one should be no exception.

The purse for the pro class is $2500!!!

If there are any event details changes we will keep you up to date via email and www (
www.supermotousa.net)

The Address for the track is: 12402 W. Sprague, Airway Heights, WA

Event website:
http://www.kdrpowersports.com/supermoto_002/
Track Layout:
http://www.kdrpowersports.com/supermoto_002/map.php

Schedule of Events:
July 19, 2008
Gates Open 9:00 a.m.
Open Practice 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
July 20, 2008
Gates Open & Signup 7:30 a.m.
Signup Closes 8:30 a.m.
Technical Inspection 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Riders Meeting 8:45 a.m.
Practice 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Heat races 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Main Events 2:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Classes
Supermoto: Beginner - Pit Bike - Pee Wee - Supermoto Jr - Minimoto - Vet 30+ - Open Amateur -250cc
- 450cc - Unlimited - Open Pro
Quads: Quad Mini - Amateur - Masters - Pro

FEES & PURSE
Pro Classes: $60
Amateur Classes: $40 for 1; $70 for 2; $25 ea. additional
Pee Wee & MiniQuad: $25
Pit Passes: Adults: $13 / day $25 / weekend
Kids under 5: $6 / day $10 / weekend
Spectators: $5
Open Practice (July 19th from 9:00 am - 2:30 p.m.): $35 per rider
Additional classes may be formed on race day based on turnout
$2500 OPEN PRO PURSE

Pre Entry Available:
https://www.kdrpowersports.com/supermoto_002/entry_form.php

Directions to the track:
If you are coming from the east of Spokane on I-90:
Take exit 277 (highway 2 exit)
Stay on highway 2 until the first stop light
Turn right at the stop light (S Hayford Rd)
Turn Left at the next stop light (W. Sprague Ave)
Continue on W. Sprague Ave through the blue gates
Follow the park road, the track is on the left
Welcome to SKRA kart track!!
If you are coming from the west of Spokane on I-90:
Take exit 277b
Then follow the directions above
If you are coming from the east of Spokane on I-90:
Take exit 277 (highway 2 exit)
Stay on highway 2 until the first stop light
Turn right at the stop light (S Hayford Rd)
Turn Left at the next stop light (W. Sprague Ave)
Continue on W. Sprague Ave through the blue gates
Follow the park road, the track is on the left
Welcome to SKRA kart track!!

If you are coming from the west of Spokane on I-90:
Take exit 277b
Then follow the directions above

·
Registered
338 Posts
Track prep for Sunday, the dirt section is new so I'm sure it's going to need some work if it looks good, practice can be longer. I will be posting some motel info by tomorrow.
Hey Ron THANK YOU for posting this info,Randy

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ok, cool. Are we allowed to camp Saturday night? Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes there is some primitive camping available I'm also working on some motel discounts
Also Brok called me this morning and the top 10 riders qualify for the finals in Sacrameto

·
old school supermoto
685 Posts
October final

Actually, The AMA Amateur Supermoto Grand Championship final will be held in Stockton CA.

Randy and I talked about our Sacramento event as well, and i managed to confuse him. We race at Prairie City (in SAC) July 26,27

We, (I) have sort of takin the reins on the Nasmoto thing that was established, since we feel it would be a shame to go backwards at this point in the sports life. The promoters who were listed on the original "qualifier schedule" have been given an opportunity to host a round for the final. Top ten finishers at these "regionals" will be offered a spot on the grid at the SMGC. We are keeping it as simple as possible for now and hope this can provide a little extra stimulation to all event organizers around the country and make for a better final.

I will begin to post more info on the final and other qualifiers as it comes

Any one with questions can e-mail me direct, I don't do the PM thing so well - [email protected]

·
old school supermoto
685 Posts
The date of the final is OCTOBER 25 & 26 at the San Joaquin County Fairgrounds in Stockton CA.

I personally beleive that if it's a winner take all Championship, then the event should occur on a track that is new to everyone. That is why we chose to hold the final at this venue. This will be a parking lot course and it wont be seen or ridden until the Friday before.

I have 7 years experience building SM tracks and I really look forward to this one because it offers plenty of room for creativity. With some luck, I'll try to produce a simple track drawing or diagram when we get closer. Also, we have decided to offer some travel consideration to riders living outside the state. As an example, east coast racers who qualify at the ESMRA event in August will be getting a 50% discount on entry fees. Not enough to pay the fuel bill but every bit helps!

·
Registered
338 Posts
There are two motels close to the track: the Hilton Garden Inn(really nice) the manager(Luke Hammond) said ask for a discount and you can have one 800-848-1245
The other one is the Days Inn 800-329-7466 or 800-329-7466. The new dirt section looks good and we only loose about 50' of pavement. We'll see you this weekend.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Hilton Garden Inn phone number is 509-244-5866, the 1-800 number was some kind of a distributing plant, but the 509 number works, has a restraunt and 24 hour pool and spa...:thumbup: and a very nice lady making up discounts on the phone. were booked- see everyone on Saturday morning:bike:

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
The date of the final is OCTOBER 25 & 26 at the San Joaquin County Fairgrounds in Stockton CA.

I personally beleive that if it's a winner take all Championship, then the event should occur on a track that is new to everyone. That is why we chose to hold the final at this venue. This will be a parking lot course and it wont be seen or ridden until the Friday before.

I have 7 years experience building SM tracks and I really look forward to this one because it offers plenty of room for creativity. With some luck, I'll try to produce a simple track drawing or diagram when we get closer. Also, we have decided to offer some travel consideration to riders living outside the state. As an example, east coast racers who qualify at the ESMRA event in August will be getting a 50% discount on entry fees. Not enough to pay the fuel bill but every bit helps!
Brok !! wanna start a new thread ?... I believe its definately worthy ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorry about the 800 #. I took it off of the biz card but i never tried to use it. I was in the Hilton Garden and it is very nice. See you this weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts