SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about doing something like this to a wr450, and I was hoping anyone has done it before. If you have any pics... Or let me know your opinion....

Let鈥檚 see supermotos with this...
馃榿馃榿馃榿

Attachments

Registered
Ehhhh I think it's a waste of time. Why would you bother mounting one there? Especially with the nature of supermoto, I think it would look pretty jank. I say just a low profile plate mount like every other bike, thats my opinion. Although, you could, if you were super keen. Don't know why you'd want to, I think they're ugly, and they're a pain in the ass to run wiring too. You have to run wires along your swingarm to get to them, its just more shit exposed that can be damaged by a stick or something, especially if you take your bike offroad.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
The licence plates here are very ugly, and very wide.... also, the vibration of the fender due to the weight is generating a crack in the fender...
I鈥檒l show you a picture so you can understand the problem
8F85CDA7-88A3-45F8-A5B2-6966F869D13D.jpeg

Registered
Hmmm... the vibrations shouldn't be causing a crack in the fender, I've owned WR's before and I've never had a fender crack, only when I dropped the thing on its tail out in the bush... A little number plate shouldn't be causing a crack. I doubt that's what's causing it. Also, You need to consider wiring here. It's going to be exposed, more so than usual, and easier to tear or cut or break. I personally think this looks fine the way that it is, but it's not my place to comment on what does or doesn't look good. My opinion won't change what you think looks good or not. There is another option. What laws does your country have regarding painting plates? You could spray the background blue and the raised letters white if it's legal in your country, or maybe, you could just get a different coloured plate from the government if they offer that service?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm... the vibrations shouldn't be causing a crack in the fender, I've owned WR's before and I've never had a fender crack, only when I dropped the thing on its tail out in the bush... A little number plate shouldn't be causing a crack. I doubt that's what's causing it. Also, You need to consider wiring here. It's going to be exposed, more so than usual, and easier to tear or cut or break. I personally think this looks fine the way that it is, but it's not my place to comment on what does or doesn't look good. My opinion won't change what you think looks good or not. There is another option. What laws does your country have regarding painting plates? You could spray the background blue and the raised letters white if it's legal in your country, or maybe, you could just get a different coloured plate from the government if they offer that service?
You are right on the cracking of the fender by a small license plate. The fender has a small repair, so that is what it is cracking...

I don鈥檛 think the wiring is much of a problem, I don鈥檛 do offroad...(thanks for the heads up)

Painting of the license plate is not permited, nor it can be tucked under the fender...

One more thing that I noticed and that is anoying is the black smoke coming out of the muffler is always hitting the turn signal and the license plate... so this has to be cleaned very often....

Registered
Do you do any stunting with this bike? If you do, the over-tyre fender may interfere with your ability to wheelstand. if not, I say go for it, especially if it's cheap. It's your bike man, go your hardest. It will definitely be unique. Keep me updated, I'm keen to see how this looks...

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Do you do any stunting with this bike? If you do, the over-tyre fender may interfere with your ability to wheelstand. if not, I say go for it, especially if it's cheap. It's your bike man, go your hardest. It will definitely be unique. Keep me updated, I'm keen to see how this looks...
I am starting to do wheelies... and I have thought about scratching this with the ground... I think if I set the angle higher, nothing will happen...
Here is a picture of what I think is ok...
297DBFC2-19AE-49CE-96A1-97B34AF2D920.jpeg
9A4E6D18-23FE-40B5-9D06-2EF3C6D8155D.jpeg
6B7E710F-7701-4BEB-9BEC-913140E5B207.jpeg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts