SuperMoto Junkie banner

Supermoto racing in MO/IL

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Mid-Mo 660 
#1 ·
I'm buying a bike sometime this summer and would like to do some racing and track days. I'm live about 30 minutes south of St. Louis and I can't seem to find any racing around MO or IL anymore. I knew there were some series a couple years ago but they are no longer. Just looking for some places to ride and race without driving 10 hours away. Thanks

#3 ·
Actually I just quit racing dirt Late Models and Modifieds at I 55 Raceway in Pevely, MO. They have a kart track and have raced supermoto in the past. There is a desent group of sumos around here from a dude I have texted back and forth with that has a sumo club in St.Louis. Maybe I can get a hold of him and the track owner a see if they would be interested in at least some practice days.

#6 ·
There used to be racing and open practice at a track just outside of Springfield IL. The series was called Land of Lincoln. it basically got canceled mid-season a few years ago without much explanation. Guess the kart guys didn't want to share the track anymore or something of the sort. Maybe things have changed and you could at least get on track for some practice again?

here's the website for the kart club: http://www.midstatekartclub.com/index.html

#7 ·
I was going to say the same thing as BH did about Springfield. I did one race there about 6 years ago. It was a small fun little cart track. Its a shame they shut the doors on us tards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.