SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sept 14-16 Supermoto racing will be invade Super Sand Sport Show at Orange Co. Fairgrounds. This is a Pro/Am race being put on by SMX Racing. Beginner class all the way up to Pro classes. Classes for any and all skill level.

Pros and Amateurs practice Friday and race on Saturday and Sunday is amateur racing only. Come race and see the fastest guys in the US. Riders like Dustin Hoffman and Brandon Ward(Jeff Ward's son) just for starters. Plus Mickey Dymond will most likely be there again this year killing the track.

This is a cool tight technical track. It is good for all levels of riders.There is no dirt section due to space and cleaned regualtions. However, we'll have 3 urbancross jumps setup on track for some unique obstacles. We have to kicker, launch ramps and one tabletop. Where do you see unique ramps like this, much less get to ride on them. These ramps were build for all level riders. They are not crazy big or crazy hard that a beginner couldn't do them. So don't worry about that.

A very cool aspect of this race is that we have timed qualifying. Not to often do amateurs get to do timed qualifying. And another favorite of most racers is we use starting lights, no flagger. Except for Stateline, you don't see starting lights very often.

Plus there is camping and the offroad show to check out and dirttrack Saturday to check out. There is something to do all wekend long.

This event will be huge with Pro riders coming from Colorado, Oklahoma, Utah, etc. Not to mention the amount of amateurs coming from all around. Plus approx 2500 spectators predicted to watch racing. How often do we get that many spectators? We can showcase the sport to people who aren't familiar with it. It should truly be a unique event to participate in.

Any questions you can contact me at [email protected] Below are links for registration and info. You can check out list of classes running at OCGP and you can also see the track map.

Track map http://www.uskart.com/The_Venue.html

SMX Racing(rules and regs to race. Classes and classes structure) http://racesmx.com/

Registration(class schedule and related info) http://www.uskart.com/Entry_Form_VVSB.html

·
Registered
846 Posts
That was some of the best racing I have ever seen in all classes. But the Pro's 450 was just sickkkkK. Good job SMX and great pictures DH.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
it is high speed for me as well, but I was thinking he did that on purpose since those laps were pretty boring with nothing but his front fender in them.

I had a great time racing with you and look forward to doing it again sometime soon.

-Tim Weig
white leathers, blue bike that scoots away with Nicky in the first and restarts

·
Registered
604 Posts
I did just that... get pretty boring with nothing going on in front of you. Maybe next time with my tire isn't going flat and shot I'll give you a run. Fun time!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I did just that... get pretty boring with nothing going on in front of you. Maybe next time with my tire isn't going flat and shot I'll give you a run. Fun time!
Hmmmm, OK. I found it to be unwatchable at that speed. But whatever works for you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts