SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a helmet cam video I made last weekend on the Igraham Trail in the Northwest Territories. It's on the road that the "Ice Road Truckers" use to get to the ice section of their trip. It's got a few twisties and hills in it. I don't do any crazy stunts in it, but there are a few good clips with some good cage passes and some pretty good lean angle turns.

I decide to go with a "natural" sound track. Let me know what you think. I've got the second half (the way back) ready to go, and whether or not you think I should add a sound track to and I'll post a link to it after it's edited.

Thanks for watching! :thumbup:

here it is: http://media.putfile.com/Supermoto-in-the-Northwest-Territories

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
It's a nice video. The quality is real good, it's a little dark but that could be just my computer. Honestly though thats kinda a long video. What you can do is keep the long one for anyone who wants to watch the full thing, but maybe cut down a shorter one to get more people to watch it. i'd probably cut the first 2:30 minutes out b/c the 30mph riding isn't that exciting, I almost bailed on the video while watching the first part. I kept think when is this guy going to open it up and show what it can do, and finally you did. I'd also maybe cut some of the straight riding out to get it down to about 5 minutes of pure good stuff.

But like I said its a great video, you did a great job with it. I also like the natural sound track. What kind of temperatures are you riding in up there this time of year? I can tell that road is used by truckers, it's pretty beat up with a lot of patchwork.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I kind of have to agree with Tallboy, kinda long and 'boring' due to all the straights and whatnot. However, I gotta say I did enjoy it. Most of the vids we see are full of action and whatnot, which most people want, but a nice cruising vid is nice once and a while. I thought it was nice to see the road's you were on, their condition and whatnot. I definitely loved the natural soundtrack, one of the best I've heard in a while. Being a car guy at heart, I PREFER the sound of the motor, not music (not that I don't love music). Most vids without music suffer too much wind noise, I've got to ask (being completely ignorant of helmet cams the the like) how did you get such perfect sound out of it with no wind noise? It sounded great!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a nice video. The quality is real good, it's a little dark but that could be just my computer. Honestly though thats kinda a long video. What you can do is keep the long one for anyone who wants to watch the full thing, but maybe cut down a shorter one to get more people to watch it. i'd probably cut the first 2:30 minutes out b/c the 30mph riding isn't that exciting, I almost bailed on the video while watching the first part. I kept think when is this guy going to open it up and show what it can do, and finally you did. I'd also maybe cut some of the straight riding out to get it down to about 5 minutes of pure good stuff.

But like I said its a great video, you did a great job with it. I also like the natural sound track. What kind of temperatures are you riding in up there this time of year? I can tell that road is used by truckers, it's pretty beat up with a lot of patchwork.
Thanks for the feedback Tallboy350, that's exactly what I was looking for. :thumbup:

In all honesty, I already cut it down by about 1/4, but if "opening it up" is what the people want to see, that's what I'll give them in the 2nd half! ;)

It was about 20 ° Celsius (68 ° Fahrenheit) when I took that vid (which is about average this time of year) :eek::bike::clap::D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I kind of have to agree with Tallboy, kinda long and 'boring' due to all the straights and whatnot. However, I gotta say I did enjoy it. Most of the vids we see are full of action and whatnot, which most people want, but a nice cruising vid is nice once and a while. I thought it was nice to see the road's you were on, their condition and whatnot. I definitely loved the natural soundtrack, one of the best I've heard in a while. Being a car guy at heart, I PREFER the sound of the motor, not music (not that I don't love music). Most vids without music suffer too much wind noise, I've got to ask (being completely ignorant of helmet cams the the like) how did you get such perfect sound out of it with no wind noise? It sounded great!

hehehehehe .... :lol:

I got the "perfect sound" by hanging the mike out of the fanny pack (where I kept the video camera and batteries) about three inches and letting it hang there. It's a good thing it was hanging to the left and the muffler is to the right, because if it was on the same side as the muffler I think it would have been too loud. :lol:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Well you don't have to "open it up" by stunting or driving wreckless. But we all know these bikes are more fun when pushed harder. Like when you passed the other cars, it was legal passing and not crazy speeds or anything, but you still got on the throttle a little bit and it was more exciting.

How'd you not pick up wind noise having the mic hanging out of your fanny pack like that?

I wish we averaged 68 degree summers down here, it doesn't even get that cool at night here. It's in the mid 90's every day and humid from all the rain. But then again our winters are far more mild. We only have a couple dozen nights at most, that it dips bellow freezing here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well you don't have to "open it up" by stunting or driving wreckless. But we all know these bikes are more fun when pushed harder. Like when you passed the other cars, it was legal passing and not crazy speeds or anything, but you still got on the throttle a little bit and it was more exciting.
I hear ya. :D My wife watches my video, so I've got to keep it reasonably sane/legal. ;)

How'd you not pick up wind noise having the mic hanging out of your fanny pack like that?
I guess my jacket must have kept it out of the wind, plus the wire is fairly stiff so it didn't do much flopping around.

I wish we averaged 68 degree summers down here, it doesn't even get that cool at night here. It's in the mid 90's every day and humid from all the rain. But then again our winters are far more mild. We only have a couple dozen nights at most, that it dips bellow freezing here.
I wish it only got below freezing here a couple of dozen nights a year. The average winter temp here is around -30 ° :eek::rant:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts