SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently got back into motocross after a 15 year hiatus and have always wanted to get into supermoto, after talking with an old friend it sounds like it's pretty much dead in the NW.

I don't know how much racing I'd be into doing at first but I'd like to be able to do some track days (Pat's and the Mac tracks since they're close to home) but is it even worth making the investment to build a setup for one of my bikes?

I don't want to go spend a bunch of cash to ride with the last bit of a dying breed only to sell off everything a year later because there's nobody to race or ride with around home.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The minis are still fun . . .

You could always hit up the local go kart track ~ just set up a mini motard & you'll have a lot of fun . . .

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Supermoto has never and will never die. It just goes to sleep for a bit and returns with a vengeance....... keep your eyes peeled.... we are trying to start racing again in the NW real soon.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Oregon Supermoto Status Update:

There is no dirt at MAC so riding there is asphalt only. No supermoto. No races either but there is a healthy amount of track days, including this weekend, plus if you are a member you can ride during the week (the office lady will literally open the track for you.) Come on out. We have a lot of fun there. $50 for non-member practice and you can ride all day or until you cannot ride anymore (which is what happens to me)

Pats Acres bulldozed the supermoto dirt section due to no one riding it (except me) last fall and enlarged their off-road section (which is actually pretty cool). We can only ride at Pats if we have an organized track day which so far this year is zero. I will be coordinating with Chris the owner and hopefully we can get a few dates there this summer (as long as we have at least 12 riders). Chris has been very supportive of supermoto and will even open the track early to get us on the track.

Supermoto bikes are out there. You will see them at the track so you certainly can go that route but don't think you have to have the full setup to have fun. I've got a motocross bike set up for flat track that I use for supermoto and for asphalt only track days. And it is a lot of fun. I miss supermoto though. Badly.

·
Super Moderator
1,758 Posts
Supermoto is still alive and a few of us are working hard to bring back racing up here in the NW. None of the tracks we have (Mac track in McMinville, Pats acres in Canby or TCKC in Richland WA) have dirt sections but (yes the but) there will be some dirt soon, I am hoping at at least two of the tracks.:bannana:

I know we will have some Urban jumps coming as I/we are building some that can be taken to any track that will allow us to set them up. :thumbup: Stay tuned as some racing will be coming here I hope by late September as I am working on all of the details and trying to lock down a date :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, it sounds like it might be worth picking up a set of wheels and a front brake and still riding some of the track days.

So members can go out to the Mac track and ride anytime they want as long as there's nothing else going on out there?? Say I want to go ride for the hell of it on a Wednesday afternoon and go practice we're welcome to go out and ride?

The mini moto looks pretty damn fun too, it looks like most everybody was riding 60s?

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Thanks for the replies, it sounds like it might be worth picking up a set of wheels and a front brake and still riding some of the track days.

So members can go out to the Mac track and ride anytime they want as long as there's nothing else going on out there?? Say I want to go ride for the hell of it on a Wednesday afternoon and go practice we're welcome to go out and ride?

The mini moto looks pretty damn fun too, it looks like most everybody was riding 60s?
Oh, and if you do decide to ride on a Wednesday afternoon and no one else is on the track, be careful. There won't be anyone there to pick your ass up if you crash. The office lady is a long way away. If you are lucky, the inmate work crew might find you. Seriously, I rode there many times during the week solo and it was great to have the track all to yourself, just be careful. Better yet, if you are going out during the week, post up and see who might want to go with you. Chances are someone will go too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts