SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be getting a 2012 CRF450X (bone stock) and I want to make it street legal and convert to supermoto. I live in Georgia and you are required to have: atleast one mirror, turn signals, tail light, headlight. Im looking for the cheapest way to convert and also any info on getting a tag and title . I am looking at the motostranos kits. Thanks for the help!, Nate :burnout:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Im going to be getting a 2012 CRF450X (bone stock) and I want to make it street legal and convert to supermoto. I live in Georgia and you are required to have: atleast one mirror, turn signals, tail light, headlight. Im looking for the cheapest way to convert and also any info on getting a tag and title . I am looking at the motostranos kits. Thanks for the help!, Nate :burnout:
street legal:
title through south dakota if you haven't already - $40-100 depending on assessed value
signals (ebay) $10
mirror (autozone) $2
tail/brake (ebay) $14
brake switch (advmonster) $9

supermoto:
gs500 wheels $100
tires $200
some finessing of the bearing spacers and / or bearing changes if your axles are different sizes $100 for all 5 bearings
caliper adapter $50-100

grand total.... $500

or you can buy a 'kit' from a supermoto place for $1200 for just the wheels, then another $500 for a street legal kit

lots of options, the world is your oyster

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
street legal:
title through south dakota if you haven't already - $40-100 depending on assessed value
signals (ebay) $10
mirror (autozone) $2
tail/brake (ebay) $14
brake switch (advmonster) $9

supermoto:
gs500 wheels $100
tires $200
some finessing of the bearing spacers and / or bearing changes if your axles are different sizes $100 for all 5 bearings
caliper adapter $50-100

grand total.... $500

or you can buy a 'kit' from a supermoto place for $1200 for just the wheels, then another $500 for a street legal kit

lots of options, the world is your oyster
I like the sound of this^. but what about installing all of this. Ive heard that wiring can be very difficult. Are there any diagrams or easy wiring harnesses out there that make adding signals and controls for the signals. Also what would be the easiest and cheapest speedo. Ive looked into the trail tech vapor. Just need something simple. Thanks for all the help so far!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got my 99 Yz400 street legal... I found a deal on a brand new Tusk Dual sport kit off Craigslist for $100 bucks came with everything except the front headlight.. The kit comes with wore harnes and switches also had a small rechargeable battery. Also came with the handle bar switches for lights and horn.

I haven't switches my wheels or tires yet..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my 99 Yz400 street legal... I found a deal on a brand new Tusk Dual sport kit off Craigslist for $100 bucks came with everything except the front headlight.. The kit comes with wore harnes and switches also had a small rechargeable battery. Also came with the handle bar switches for lights and horn.

I haven't switches my wheels or tires yet..
I've looked into the tusk kit and really like everything about it except the look of the tail light and rear signals. I really like the DRC edge 2 light. Is there any way to connect that tail light with their signals to the tusk kit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts