SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone offer SM classes around the Portland / South WA area? I've looked on Pat's Acres and the Mac sites but don't see anything about classes. Would like to learn how to properly do this whole foot out front thing...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Organized classes, generally no. Sometimes someone will put a class together but I wouldn't wait for it. Just come out to the track and there are plenty of riders who can help out with tips and techniques. Cascadia Supermoto has races set for this Saturday, June 3rd at the MAC track in McMinnville. And Oregon Superbikers has practice the next day, also at MAC. Both clubs have super cool riders and you are more than welcomed to hang out and check out the action. The practice days are really laid back with a huge diversity of different bikes. Come check it out.

·
Super Moderator
1,758 Posts
I couple of us have talked about putting together a school but just don't see it working up here sadly but it is not off the table just a slow going process. I have a ex AMA SM pro who wants to do this but again, long damned process.

But like was mentioned above, we at Cascadia Supermoto have a race at Mac on the 3rd and it is free to come watch and pick our brains. We are more than happy to help. If you come out to any open practice we are at whether it be at Mac with the OSB or our practices we also have out at TCKC in Richland WA just pay the track fees at either and just ask us for some tips. A lot of us will take the time to show you lines and follow you around then lead you to just help you get smoother, faster and more used to what all it takes.

Come on out to Mac on Saturday to spectate, it is always free for the Cascadia Supermoto events (unless we have a combo round with the AMA but that is advertised when we do and it is only 10) and lots of action.

If you want to ride and not race I highly suggest you hit up one of the OSB practice days they have at Mac since it sounds like it would be closer for you and is not a Race day event like the CSM events.

Hope to see you out there and have some fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks, sounds good. I'm working on getting the bike setup to comply with the track's rules (sliders, safety wire etc.) and will hopefully make it out soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts