SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a year of pushing, the club has agreed to give this a chance. We'll start with two classes, (maybe 250 and 450??? or a Expert and Am/novice class???) two moto format to run on our Jr. Pro track, think mini SX style, hard baked dirt. We'll keep the water to a minimum before the SM classes. See our website, Waldenmx.com, for a full schedude of race dates, open practices and more as we get details nailed down.

If we get a good response we can work on a paved section for down the road, our Jr. Track manager already has an idea for how to lay it out!

·
Registered
172 Posts
i raced MX on this track years ago... 98-01 or something the mini track the last time I was there (prob 04) might not be that bad. I dont see how they would put any pavement in considering the closest pavement to the place is a mile outside the mx track on the road going into it.. lol

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No tar yet, we see a nice spot to add some though. We need to see if we get any interest. I ride my SMR Husky on the Jr Pro track quite often. It is a hard packed dirt, alot like concrete. No loam or sand, up to about a 60' double, uphill double/double or triple/quad if your cooking on a fresh lip, step on/off tabletop, and 2 sets of 4 whoops, 3-4 smaller doubles and a pair of smaller tabletops.

I'll have a few guests out to ride, give me a PM and as soon as the snow is gone we can meet up. We'd like to boost our rider #s and if this works, maybe a seperate SM day only?

·
Banned
669 Posts
Hmm. As much as i really do appreciate the fact that there is interest here from a new track, until there is any pavement at all, it is still in the planning stage. Understood that the dirt is as HARD as pavement, it's still dirt. It doesn't have the traction qualities of pavement & that's what makes supermoto what it is. Supermoto is based on pavement (I.E. Leaning over...FAR) AND dirt. The dirt you have sounds like good dirt for the dirt portion of supermoto, but until you have pavement in there somewhere, all you have is a hard pack MX track or a TT style track. You could call it a supermoto event, but if you run it with the concrete-like dirt & no pavement, it sounds like the optimal set up would be a dirt track or TT bike set up (also cool, but it's not supermoto). Although it sounds promising & again, i do NOT want to discourage anything here, but we will need pavement in order to call it supermoto...
I hope you will factor in the interest you get on here as far as a gauge to see if you should go ahead with the pavement. Walden isn't that far. I'd go. The SM only days sound like a good idea.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We can call it MX, it is a SM 17" class though. Options on where to ride are few and far between in the NYC ara, Englishtown being about it as far as racetracks, right? We share a MX series with E-town now, the potential is good to spread this into a series for both tracks perhaps? Just gettin this in the door was a bit of a PITA, I hope it will fly and then we can add some srtips of pavement and give it some real SM flair.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts