SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my self a 95 wr250 I'm building frame off Everything new I'm.New to super moto not a lot of experience with wireing in headlights and such , I have a lighting coil there is a wire out of the stator for it yellow wire supposed to be a 45w stator

I have found a few esc 140 electro sports stators not sure of the increase in out put it any ?

And what is the best headlight to run and what will I need ?

I also have a Baja designs or tusk enduros kit the bike came with that worked off a scrappy battery (put the bat in my klx110 for a headlight ) what is a great bat for these applications? I no how to wire a light to a bstterey but what needs to happen to run the stator to the batterey and keep it all charged and safe ?

Also what is the best headlight for the money found some acerbis headlights for 140 on eBay look pretty nice thanks for the help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ekectric

I'm not sure about that either I'll assume its ac and from what I've read I'll need a rectifier to convert to dc to keep my batterry charged I'm not 100 percent but isn't all motorcycle ac out if the stator ? I'm in no way savy in electrical

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My plan is to wire a lithium ion battery in line with the stator and a rectifier and wire the led turn signals and led head light from the battery also correction the hmx is only a 3w consumer looks like my best best not really a night rider but must have a dcent headlight in socal to keep cops away especially on a street plated 95 yz 250

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
My plan is to wire a lithium ion battery in line with the stator and a rectifier and wire the led turn signals and led head light from the battery also correction the hmx is only a 3w consumer looks like my best best not really a night rider but must have a dcent headlight in socal to keep cops away especially on a street plated 95 yz 250
Gonna need more watts then that. The stator should make much more then that. The rectifier should keep the battery charged and will keep the light burning plenty bright.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Bright Headlight is just as important in daytime -- 3 watt headlight will get you dead -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts