SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALL STREET BIKES WELCOME. MEETING AT THE HOGLE ZOO CURB AT 4 PM THIS SUNDAY.

you are invited to

Sunday Ride w/KUTV Chief Meteorologist Roland Steadham
Sun Jun 22 4pm – 7pm
(Timezone: Mountain Time)
Emigration Canyon (map)
Calendar: Michael & LaShawn Schultz

Utah SPORTBIKE Rental is going on a Sunday Ride up Emigration Canyon with KUTV Chanel 2 Chief Meteorologist Roland Steadham.You are invited to come along!

Roland is a great guy and a sportbike enthusiast. He is particularly interested in the 2007/8 Honda CBR600RR and will be riding that bike, courtesy of Utah SPORTBIKE Rental.

Chief Meteorologist Roland Steadham started his career at KUTV back in 1981. As a student attending BYU, Roland religiously watched Mark Eubank on Channel 2. Mark’s passion for weather fueled the fascination Roland had for the atmosphere. He contacted Mark and asked if he could visit KUTV. One thing led to another and before he knew it, Roland was doing weekend weather on 2 News being mentored by one of the best in the industry. He left BYU to continue his education in Meteorology at the University of Utah. Roland has been awarded both the AMS (American Meteorological Society) and the NWA (National Weather Association) Seals of Approval.

Two years later, Roland went to work for KGTV in San Diego. He was there for 10 years and then accepted a position to be the Chief Meteorologist at WSVN in Miami. Three years later, Roland accepted a position as the Chief Meteorologist with WTVJ, NBC Miami. He spent a total of 12 years in Miami tracking and forecasting hurricanes the most powerful storms on the face of the earth. “The weather can be very nice in South Florida during the winter months. However, eight months out of the year, Miami weather is very volatile and dangerous. Hurricanes continue to be the most expensive natural disaster this country has to deal with.”

When the Chief Meteorologist position became available at 2 News, Roland aggressively pursued the job. You see, Roland has 6 children and wanted to raise his family in Utah. Plus, he loves the mountains and spends every chance he gets, skiing, flying sailplanes, riding dirt bikes with his kids, hiking and camping. “Coming back to Utah 23 years later is a dream come true. There is something very magical about going full circle around the country and ending up where you started.”

Roland brings a wealth of knowledge, experience and passion for weather to 2 News. You can watch him every weeknight on 2 News at 4, 5, 6 & 10pm newscasts.

# Position: Chief Meteorologist
# Year Hired: 1981 and 2005
# First TV Appearance: June of 1981
# Favorite Story: Record setting 2004 Hurricane season.
# Memorable Interview: Arnold Schwarzenegger
# Dream Interview: George W. Bush
# Dream Job: I'm doing exactly what I want to do.
# Favorite Program: CSI Miami
# First Story: Live weather from Sky 2 over Salt Lake City.
# Role Model: Gordon B. Hinckley
# Why I'm A Journalist: I'm a Meteorologist because I LOVE WEATHER.
# Hidden Talent: I haven't found it yet.
# Alma Mater: BYU
# Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
# Height: 6'1"
# Star Sign: Cancer
# Kids: Six
# Siblings: None
# Hobbies: Flying sailplanes, dirt bikes, skiing, scuba diving, wake boarding
# Favorite Food: Mexican and Italian
# Favorite Sports Team: I'm too busy playing outdoors to watch sports.
# Favorite Musician: Toby Keith
# Favorite Moviestar: Dustin Hoffman
# Favorite Destination: Anywhere as long as there are mountains.
More event details»

1 - 1 of 1 Posts