SuperMoto Junkie banner

Sunday at Palmetto Kartrack in SC

4K views 56 replies 27 participants last post by  THE_re_TARD 
#1 ·
Left at the crack of dawn this morning to get south of Columbia before the heat set in. Palmetto Kartrack was graced with the likes of Mango, Goose, M/C2, Stumpy, UpstateSC-Rider and MXCat. For some it was old-hat, others had been only once or twice before, but for Joe.......I think we created a monster. :eek:

Getting set up

Hitting the track

Mango knocked out by a fire ant

Chillin' between sets

See less See more
#6 ·
Lookin good guys. I didn't even realize there was anywhere near here to run on a track.

#11 ·
Here's my pics:

MXCat

Joe, that one guy that you have labeled as mxcat isn't him. It's one of the other random guys that was out there when I was taking pics. Good to see all of you. Glad I got to get out there for one session at least, even if it was at a relaxed pace so as not to have any chance of crashing Carlo's bike. Can't wait to see some of the pics from Steve's camera.
thats my friend Jason. :thumbup:

#9 ·
Joe, that one guy that you have labeled as mxcat isn't him. It's one of the other random guys that was out there when I was taking pics. Good to see all of you. Glad I got to get out there for one session at least, even if it was at a relaxed pace so as not to have any chance of crashing Carlo's bike. Can't wait to see some of the pics from Steve's camera.

#12 ·
Joe, that one guy that you have labeled as mxcat isn't him. It's one of the other random guys that was out there when I was taking pics.
Thanks, I can't believe I didn't catch that.

Thanks for operating all three cameras Stumpy, including the pink one whos ownership we won't mention. :D
Yes, thanks to all who were not afraid to use a pink camera. Real men wear pink. :rolleyes2:

#13 ·
Hey all. Nice pics. Is there a schedule of open track days for this track that any of you have or know of? Also, will they allow little kids? I live near Hilton Head, so Columbia isn't too far to go. I'd really like to get on track and get my little dude out there to see what he thinks of pavement.

Thanks!

Sparks

#39 ·
Is there a schedule of open track days for this track that any of you have or know of? Also, will they allow little kids?
Yes, they allow little kids. Rob runs really great track days (and races). The next one is July 12th and 13th. It's a combined SEMRA and Palmetto Supertrack race weekend. Saturday is a practice day and Sunday is racing. Come on out, and bring your little one. I'm sure he will have a blast.

#14 ·
That was a good time fellers. After the first session I thought my piggy

was gonna suck on that tiny track. Fortunately I kinda figured out how

to work around some of its shortcomings and had a blast. DH, the tire

shaving worked out great :thumbup: :D .

BTW, for all you people bustin Gooses nuts on using old take offs (mine)

I'll let him tell you how they worked out.

Lou and Stumpy, it was great to see you guys again, and a big thanks to

Stumpy for taking me to get Benadryl, and thanks to Goose for drivin

my van back. MXCat, good to meet ya.

I swear I'm still feelin a bit loopy from the drugs and fire ant.

Till next time (at CMP maybe) :bike:

#23 ·
I had a blast and a half! Just remember, don't lend you camera to Stumpy! 300 pictures, geez! I'm working on going through them now. I'm guessing I'll be posting for DAYS!

#24 ·
Looks like you guys had some real fun...
I have a International Kart track with 28 possible combinations about 10 kms from my home, but that c*** s***** of the owner says that its not possible to let bikes get in there...I have seen his schedule and he haves blank spots during the week but even so he doesnt let a group or so pay him and have some fun...
About 7 kms i have another one but way smaller, really good for 2 strokes 125cc or so but the owner is also a asshole....

#34 ·
I'm having a blast with that camera! The only problems are 1) if I'm getting good pictures, I'm not riding and 2) if I'm riding, I'm not getting pictures!

I'll go through the others tomorrow and see what we got.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.