SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys? im new to supermoto and excited to be here. i raced motox for about 4 years back in my teen years and always had a weak spot for supermoto bikes. so i decided a few weeks ago to pull the trigger and get on one. 2011 wr250x. i did quite a bit of research and decided on this bike because of the FI and of coarse how sick they look :bannana:. i almost bought a left over 09 klx250sf for real cheap but decided i wanted a little more performance from a bike. also at 6'3", the klx felt a little too short for me.

well ive been looking into quite a few mods and so far ive trimmed the front fender, put some renthal medium full diamonds on the bars, took the spark arrestor out, and put a pro taper bar pad on the stock bars as no pad looks like crap to me.

a few quiestions... ive been looking into chain and sprockets and just wondering what brands, sizes you guys are running? so far im looking at either a +6 rear or a +1 front and +7 rear. any input and what size chain with that kind of setup?

well heres the bike for now!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

also, how much room is there to raise the bars up a bit? standing up on the bike isnt very comfortable at my height. any brands i should look for? thanks!

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
get high bend bars and higher clamps if you need the bars higher. those will bend the first time the bike falls over anyway.

and -1 +7?! what are you planning on doing? stunting? i have just a +3 in back and think its perfect for street use and commuting. i wouldnt go one more tooth either direction for my style of riding. can still do short higway runs and can pogo it into a wheelie in 5th. that gearsing would be good for a kart track.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input man. said +1 +7 not -1. ill do a little more research. did you have to change your chain at +3?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
i have +6 on the back, thought i was going to hate it, i actually love it!

i commute to and from work on the bike on the highway no problems, redlines @ ~80mph though.

also not to thread jack, but i went UP my first set of stairs today, have gone down this set several times, finally got the balls to go up, ppl were looking at me like wtf but it was fun.

Enjoy the x keep the pics comming.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I was wondering, when you guys go +3,+5,+7 ect on the rear sprocket, how do you go about correcting/calibrating the speedo? Or do you just figure out how far off it is so you have an idea of your actual speed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
12 o'clock labs makes a speedo healer that from what i have read is awesome in pretty much all ways.

i have just been trying to stay about the same speed as other cars, or just saying balls to it and flogging it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts