SuperMoto Junkie banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Make sure that $175 isn't missing a "membership". Most of these orgs require some sort of membership fee on top of the TD price. Roger Lyle is only $25/year, making it the cheapest in terms of membership cost.
nope, 175 total for sure
it would have been 150 + 75 for membership.

got a reply from Barb at TPM:

so basically - we can ride in our own group, and for $175 each. who's in???:headscrat
Is this for a weekday or weekend trackday?

Since it sounds like this would be an additional group to what they'd normally run (White, Red, Blue), would the sessions be shorter than the normal 20 minutes?

Dirt?

So no dirt section right?

I raced 600 cc there, grip is ( was) great. Even when wet.
Walls aren't that bad, honestly! as speed is pretty low ( compare to turn 4 on main track with a 600)
I doubt anything below 450 cc would have much fun.

I wish the Spk Track day coul move to Shenandoah with a complete different use of the track and a dirt section. Walls could be jumped over with ramps.. Ok day dreaming here.. Have fun all be safe!
Just wanted to add my 0.02 cts!

Roger Lyle is having some days up there Aug 6, 7th, Sept 4, 5, and Oct 9 and 30th

I may hit the 7th if I don't stay up at Beaver run after riding the 6th. I will do one of them in Sept and one hopefully 2 in Oct.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
i dont know who or what a roger lyle is. can someone provide some details? is it sumo only... cost.. etc. I would be game for an early oct date.

i dont know who or what a roger lyle is. can someone provide some details? is it sumo only... cost.. etc. I would be game for an early oct date.
Roger Lyle runs a track day organization http://www.motorcyclexcitement.com/
It is not supermoto only but a lot of guys on supermotos run the shenandoah circuit at summit point on these days and it seems to be growing. $200 if you preregister and to join the organization is $25 for a year membership.

Hate to dredge up a new topic since I'm new here anyways, but I just HAD to say something. :)

I'm not a true junkie, just yet. My bike is a 650R. Two weeks ago, the day before we're supposed to go to Summit Point for two days, I say to the bf "Let me try the 450". So he lets me, I have a blast, and we decide to take it to Shenny with us (Roger Lyle day, 7 Aug). It was an after thought to take it, yet it was the only bike we rode on Sunday on Shenny, because both of us were having a blast.

Since then, I've been hooked on the SM thing. At only 130lbs, it was nice having a lightweight bike to throw around, rather than trying to push the Ninja around. I'd gotten better and was able to flick her around on Shenny, but nothing like that four-fiddy. Awesome bike, instantly hooked.

Can't say enough great things about Roger Lyle and his org. His track days aren't about the money. Yeah, they're expensive, but they're small and low key. And its like family with him and Motorcycle Xcitement. TPM is kinda commercially, and really all about the money/profit. They're a good org, but its not "homey". And if you're gonna pay ~$200 anyways, I'd say go with Roger.

Sorry, just had to throw that out there. I may be at Shenny on 5 Sept, still debating, but I'll def be there 9 Oct. Hope to see some of you guys there!!

Another difference is that TPM doesn't run the bowl, they use the bus stop under the bridge. That gets rid of one of the longer straights and makes the track much more Sumo friendly

Oh yeah, I always forget they don't do that. Roger uses the bus stop too, so you add a nice little kink to the bridge straight, which breaks up the straight and keeps it fun. Even the BF had a blast on it in Advanced group (I'm only in Intermediate) and was passing people right and left. Although for the last sessions of the day, they put A and I together, so he jumped on the SuperDuke, ended up behind me, followed me for a lap, then felt the need to wheelie outta the bowl as he passed me (he took the middle line, I took the low line). Doesn't matter what he's riding, he's still a hooligan:rolleyes2:

"We still have spots for you and your friends at Summit Point Motorsports Park, West Virginia this Sunday, August 21, we ride the FUN and twisty Shenandoah Circuit. This is a favorite track for a lot of riders! Designed by world champion racer Bill Scott, this track incorporates 20 turns, 3 good straights, a banked Karussell from famous racing circuits around the world! This is the most technical track in the USA. It's also a very fun track"

From a MotorcycleExcitement, Roger Lyle, email I got today. I did this on my 610 Husky a couple years ago. The track is a blast. Sorry if this is a repost, but I only glanced the thread.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.