SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a stupid question but I have never owned a dirtbike or ridden a bike in the birt.

So after riding in the dirt and dust, how do you clean your chain? I am sure a degreaser would work but that would probably bugger up the chain in the process. But I assume it is important to clean all the dirt & grit out of the chain as well.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I treat my tard chain like my dirtbike chains, Bel-Ray SuperClean is the way to go. It's really not a grease or oil at all, more like a protective white film that does not attract dirt but keeps the chain clean and lubed.

So clean your chain really well with kerosene, dry if off good with a ride around the block then spray it down with the good stuff.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
+1.

That or Motul's chain cleaner, for every day. After a mud race or when I get a lot of dirt on the bike and chain, I use the pressure washer, then WD-40. Let the WD-40 dry, then ride just a bit, then put chain lube on it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have this kind of fine gritty dust here so anything remotely slick or greasy attracts the stuff like a magnet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts