SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the whole supermoto world but loving every second of it!:thumbup: I've rode sportbikes for the last 19 years before comming over to the darkside with my DRZ.
Anyway....here's the question...
I've become addicted to riding wheelies on the DRZ, on my sportbikes I've always kept them kind of short because, on the long ballance point type of wheelies the bikes would become oil starved due to the oil pickup location in the oil pan. Is this a Problem with a supermoto???? I figured I'd check with the smart people before I screw the pooch and have to rebuild.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I'm from a dirtbike background and I don't know the mechanics of an answer for you , but it seems that tards (being dirtbikes) are built to handle less than upright positions most of the time and don't suffer any ill effects for doing it. When I ride my YZ in the woods it's all over the place, up down sideways, etc...and still runs great with over 500hrs on the original bottom end (new top-end at 350hrs and the piston was still with-in spec).

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm not much more mechanically inclined than Goosedog but the DRZ is a semi-dry sump design with some of the oil contained in the frame. I can't say it would be a real issue but it is a bit different than a lot bikes. Maybe check the Suzy section here or ThunperTalk?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts