Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post the schedule for Don from his handout at awards
check Supertt.com for any updates
Look forward to a great 2012 season!

2012 STTARS Supermoto Series
Mar 31-Apr 1 Grange Motor Circuit
April 28-29 Horse Thief Mile (Corsa Moto Classica Vintage Weekend)
May 19-20 Apex Raceway
June 17 Horse Thief Mile
August 18-19 Grange Motor Circuit
Sept 8-9 Apex Raceway
Sept 29-30 Grange Motor Circuit
Oct 21 Horse Thief Mile
Nov 10-11 Apex Raceway

·
Registered
386 Posts
does this mean Apex is getting a dirt section?

May 19-20 Apex Raceway
June 17 Horse Thief Mile
Sept 8-9 Apex Raceway
Oct 21 Horse Thief Mile
Nov 10-11 Apex Raceway

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
i hope so, that track would be much better with dirt and they have the room to put in a good one to

·
Registered
604 Posts
Rumor has it... no dirt.. it is felt that it would ruin the flow of the track.. Great thing for all you who are afraid of getting your bikes dirty... :nutkick:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
no dirt would be BAD.
But it is nice that Apex is really close to the house (not 3-4 hours away).

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
you better! haha

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
not sure id run it without dirt

·
Registered
211 Posts

May 19-20 Apex Raceway
June 17 Horse Thief Mile
Sept 8-9 Apex Raceway
Oct 21 Horse Thief Mile
Nov 10-11 Apex Raceway
:thumbup:We are excited to have you guys race with us!!! Gonna be a great season!

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
just my 2cents man, i think sm need to have dirt or some type of urban jumps to me thats what makes it sm, also can even out the field abit, nothing against apex its a fun track, just tight kinda onelined the dirt would help make some more passing oppertunities :thumbup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I hear you bro :cheers: I know dirt is the shit but another track on the list is great, fill the grids and the options will come!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
:Funny: Ladies :Funny: Why don't you kiss and make up? I've been riding MX atleast once a week and plan to until sm season starts. I'm slow in the dirt and I'm going to change that by riding it and getting more comfrotable in it. However, I see both sides of argument and my opinion is simply that I love to ride. I'll ride without dirt even though I agree sm is asphalt and dirt. I'd rather have a dirt section in a race than no dirt section. I may be slow in the dirt, but I can utilize it to my advantage when I'm racing people that have no dirt experience. It evens out the playing field. Besides that, supermoto was created with the intention of bringing the best riders from all different disicpline together to bang bars on an ASPHALT and DIRT TRACK. Watch this video from 1981 "Superbikers" race at Carlsbad Raceway. (note: it was originally called Superbikers before Supermoto) This is how it was intended to be back in the day. In reality, there is few places left that we can race, much less one as big as Carlsbad Raceway where you can have a huge dirt section and a great ashalt section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65Hn_fVC0_c&feature=related

Long story short, I prefer to race on track with dirt section, but I love to ride so I will ride asphalt only tracks and be happy we atleast have asphalt to ride on:D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just hold on a minute, theres no need for kiss and make up, or to dig up the whole its not SM without dirt here! Its just , As an ambassador for the sport you should learn to put a positive feel to a personal opinion post so as not to dis sway others to possibly skip an event if they are on the fence about attending..... Thats all. I got nothing but love for all us miss guided freaks of the moto racing community. :thumbup:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Question is .... Are we gonna gain more riders if we put a dirt section in :headscrat ?

I had over 20 bikes show up last Friday at APEX just for practice, these are guys and gal that like to run the asphalts only. Would be nice to have a dirt section, but I would rather be on a full grid with 10-15 riders with out dirt then a grid with just 3-4 riders with a dirt section that not worth getting my bike dirty. Just my 2 cents

Rumor has it... no dirt.. it is felt that it would ruin the flow of the track.. Great thing for all you who are afraid of getting your bikes dirty... :nutkick:
That would be me :)

no dirt would be BAD.
:headscrat:headscrat .

Paul, I know you got hurt last season at SMX and still recover from it, but really ??? How many race or practice did you do the last two season with dirt before you got hurt ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Seeing a 2012 STTARS schedule makes me want to Tebow. Looking forward to it. Cool to see a more local track on the schedule.

Dirt at Apex would be amazing. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we'll be humored with even something small like at Fontana. Seems like sttars races have always had dirt sections except for ridiculous rain out conditions. Five months out, track willing, hopefully we can come up with something. Sounds like the asphalt classes will be full!

Let's all just get out there this year!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
This "Dirt VS. No Dirt" topic doesn't really matter anyway. It is a personal opinion, preference, choice whatever you call it. I posted my opinion above and so did others. But in reality, the ball is already in motion. Tracks and dates have been set. Races are going to happen with and without dirt. Either we all can debate this topic or we can make supermoto bigger and better and participate. Like I said, I prefer a dirt section, but I still love to ride/race on asphalt only. I prefer Coors, but I'll drink and enjoy Budweiser. (FYI-my best race results were always in asphalt only races. I'm slow thru the dirt)

I think STTARS having tracks with dirt sections and tracks with only asphalt is good to bring out new blood PLUS it gives us something different, unique on race day. I think a new track(Apex) on STTARS schedule can only be a good thing for STTARS, supermoto, Apex and anyone who participates. I'm looking forward to racing at Apex this year. Its close, its fun and I don't have a lot of seat time there. It should be a fun year:thumbup:

My point is simply this....ride/race what you want. If you like dirt then race at Grange and HTM. If you like tracks without dirt ride/race at Apex. Personally I'll be at all three tracks. Its always good to mix things up.

I do strongly suggest anyone and everyone get out and race. Support supermoto anyway possible. I've been trying to come up with some kind of incentives to get more racers out racing. DDR and I'm sure other companies would be willing to help the cause.

An interesting fact that no one seems to be remembering is that STTARS has an ASPHALT-ONLY class at every race. Even on tracks that have dirt sections. So anyone who wants to race supermoto, but doesn't want to run the dirt, can come out and race the asphalt-only class.

SUPPORT SUPERMOTO 2012

·
Registered
200 Posts
Seeing a 2012 STTARS schedule makes me want to Tebow. Looking forward to it. Cool to see a more local track on the schedule.

Dirt at Apex would be amazing. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we'll be humored with even something small like at Fontana. Seems like sttars races have always had dirt sections except for ridiculous rain out conditions. Five months out, track willing, hopefully we can come up with something. Sounds like the asphalt classes will be full!

Let's all just get out there this year!
Well said brother :clap:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts