SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a street legal mini with a legit tag and title? I would think a crf150 or a klx110 would do alright out there if there are tagged 125cc scooters on the road.

·
Registered
236 Posts
sounds fun, but i'm pretty sure here in North Carolina to plate anything it has to come from the factory DOT approved. Other states are easier to do things like that in though

·
Registered
330 Posts
I was just talking about this with a buddy last weekend. I doubt i'd want to go to the trouble for my tarded crf100, but the 150R i'm buildin gon the other hand...

I don't think I"d have a chance in hell here, but he was thinking it wouldn't be that big a deal in Tx. I may just "sell" him the bike and let him give it a try :lol:

·
Registered
9,329 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Dont know about here, but there is a couple dudes on Planetminis with them.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I want to plate my XR80 some day. It's horribly slow but it's faster than a moped, I think it'd be a lot of fun around town. Baja Designs makes a stator and light kit for it, cost's 500-600 bucks for everything. Could porobably be done cheaper with a little ingenuity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I want to plate my XR80 some day. It's horribly slow but it's faster than a moped, I think it'd be a lot of fun around town. Baja Designs makes a stator and light kit for it, cost's 500-600 bucks for everything. Could porobably be done cheaper with a little ingenuity.
turn signals aren't required in michigan, so just buy the dualsport kit like mine. turn signals can always be added later, mine were. my lights run fine unless im idleing, so skip the stator too. im going to put a small battery on it to run the lights while im stopped at a light or stop sign. and a big bore kit will do wonders for that xr too. ive got a 160 kit on my klx with and oversize head, cam, carb, intake, and rev box and i'm gettin 70 mph. now i need a clutch and some disc brakes.

·
Registered
953 Posts
turn signals aren't required in michigan, so just buy the dualsport kit like mine. turn signals can always be added later, mine were. my lights run fine unless im idleing, so skip the stator too. im going to put a small battery on it to run the lights while im stopped at a light or stop sign. and a big bore kit will do wonders for that xr too. ive got a 160 kit on my klx with and oversize head, cam, carb, intake, and rev box and i'm gettin 70 mph. now i need a clutch and some disc brakes.
Nice! I've been looking into the Takegawa and Kitaco kits for the bike but it's low on my project priority list. One of the fun things about this bike is how slow it is, kinda like a ruckus. But 70 mph on a road legal mini would be badass!

·
Registered
31 Posts
70mph sounds a bit much unless you've got some crazy gearing.
I don't think the super modified mini's hit 60 too often.

I'm working on a cr/xr street legal conversion in tx, and it's not hard to get it all plated and on the road- depending on how much money you want to spend.

Baja designs is going to cost you, but it's mostly plug and play.

My last xr100 street legal conversion cost under $120- but it was almost all fabricated, salvaged or ghetto rigged.

The current conversion is going to cost about $200, with nicer parts and no ghetto bits.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Does anyone here have one of these ^ ?
I had the Pitster Pro X4 and it was a blast on the street. I put an fmf exhaust, a real mikuni carb, asv levers, replaced all the cheap hardware with quality stuff and put blue loctite on everything. After that is was very reliable and tons of fun. The bad thing about the bike is how loud it is. It was as loud as my big bore DRZ with an MRD pipe.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Buy a stock crf50, register as 50cc moped. install piranna 140cc plus whatever else you want. 60 mph+ legal moped in michigan no probs.. ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
heres my 03 crf150f.17 in rims/tires from procycle.us.went up one tooth in front down three in back i can go 62mph top speed all stock besides uni filter no airbox.baja designs kit with ricky stator.just turn idle up a little and headlight/tailight stay steady.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
176 Posts
i painted myself.sanded and painted about three times holds up good but dont spill gas on the paint.it doesnt get wound out that bad.i've put over 1500 miles so far just this summer with no problems besides my flat tire right now.it cruises good at 45mph really depends on the wind lol.i plan on a bigger motor this winter.before that hmf makes a dual exhaust which is on my list also wont help power much but will look sweet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
nice.

My xr100 would cruise at around 45 too. Anything above that, and the engine would be a little wound out.

The dual exhaust setup is tempting. I thought about rigging something up for the 100, but it would be pointless bling- especially on such a small bike.

Are those the pirelli ml75's?

·
Registered
176 Posts
the dual exhaust is a slip on no headpipe.i was gonna order one from someone else and fit them together.tires are pirelli's.they work awesome no video yet but ive dragged my pegs a few times no worries.they work well in the rain too.it's a blast to ride around town and get alot of looks because noone around me has one at all, well not motarded anyway.i thought about selling it but i'd miss alot of fun for sure.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
my roommate has a plated derbi senda 50 2t motard. that thing is awesome!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts