SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i want to relocate my license plate on my 09 SM610. Im hating the huge bracket hanging from the back.

So i made a mount and temporarily mounted the plate under the fender. I have some pics that i took tonight. Let me know if ill get away with it??

Oh yeah i live in california.

Tama

·
Premium Member
3,683 Posts
maybe if you whop that mudflap off under the tail light and put a tag light on it, you should be alright! im struggling with my setup now, trying to get all the right pieces in place so its legit....i'll post more pics in my project thread here called "white russian" as i go. good start though, i hate my stocker tail

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe if you whop that mudflap off under the tail light and put a tag light on it, you should be alright! im struggling with my setup now, trying to get all the right pieces in place so its legit....i'll post more pics in my project thread here called "white russian" as i go. good start though, i hate my stocker tail
Oh yeah that stocker tail is going to get cut off very soon. I have that look!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
couple of my buddies have been stopped and said the cops never harassed em about thier plates. and they were bent in there horizontally just like yours. So Id say go ahead and do it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Speed metal makes a nice universal bracket 25 Bucks you can mount under your fender coupled with small blinkers at 30 bucks with light bar by gyb and wire accesory like 50 bucks for both to turn it to a running light to . Drop me a text and ill send you a pic from my phone. looks trick. Darren 714-604-8546 You to white russian drop me a text dude and ill send you the pic. Everyone sais it looks good. But I saw tonight my buddy just fabbed up a plate mount outa roofing copper plate that looks easy to fab and strong. I say put it where you want. Not sure the laws on wether the plate has to be past rear axle or not but I dont remember reading any DMV literature that states where the motorcycle plate has to be located did you? Just took all the tests too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I moved mine under the fender/bolted to the airbox "because it was cracking due to the flimsy stock mount." Cut off the mudflap and don't worry about. I didn't worry about a plate light, because I figured if I'm being followed by a cop at night, their headlights will light-up my plate just fine. Its not the best reasoning, but Imm hoping it'll be enough to plead ignorance and get out of it with a fix-it ticket or a warning.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Some states frown upon it so you best check your state law...
Other states are perfectly fine with it...here's mine with lights on

And lights off, the blinkers are built into the light bar, which you can see at the edge of the fender, the plate is held by those bolts with the built in light ...

:thumbup:

·
Registered
435 Posts
yup i have it connected to a BACK OFF module and a it works great! super bright 6k miles in all weather and off road riding i cant complain!!:bannana:

·
Registered
435 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you leave the tail light bracket on? Im on the market for a new tail light and blinkers. I rolled it up on to the single motorcycle hitch. Had the girlfriend drive. I had 1 too many. She some how found a way to hit the bike and hitch on a telephone pole. Thank god for plastic fenders and $90 motorcycle racks.

·
Registered
719 Posts
They have been using this technology for a few years now . . .

I got a fix it ticket for having it there.

Made a bracket similar to stock,
just lower. I don't like it but,
got used to it .
Their reader only works with the license plate level ~ can't process the numbers when mounted sideways . . .

·
Registered
220 Posts
So i want to relocate my license plate on my 09 SM610. Im hating the huge bracket hanging from the back.

So i made a mount and temporarily mounted the plate under the fender. I have some pics that i took tonight. Let me know if ill get away with it??

Oh yeah i live in california.

Tama

That won't fly. The Police are recruited for their low IQs. They are too fvcking stupid to read a plate that's spun 90 degrees. They will shoot first and ask questions later.

Good luck.

·
Registered
719 Posts
This worked for me when Johnnie law hassled us while fueling up . . .

That won't fly.

The Police are recruited for their low IQ's .

They are too fvcking stupid to read a plate that's spun 90 degrees .

They will shoot first and ask questions later .

Good luck .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts