SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about taking my 04 525 SMR on the street. I have read and seen many different ideas and ways of doing this. Most are for 05 and 06's.

According to my parts diagram, my 04 came stock with the 4K3A stator and flywheel. According to both Trick Dual Sport and Baja Designs, this is what I need to run their kits. I am not sure what I would be looking for if I took the cover off and looked.

My questions is, are the 04's different from the 05 and 06's? Is there more to it that I am missing? I do not care about electric start. If I can do this for $600 or $700, I am for it, but I have seen as much as $1500.

I am thinking about using the TDS and a trail tech Vapor, then riding. Can this be done?

Thanks for looking and for your advice.

Danta

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
i have the tds kit and a vapor.......on a crf450r and i must say they are top notch......the tds kit is awesome as awesome can be.........dale does fine fine work.......some dont like the look of the headlight but i dont give a f.......it's what behind that matters..........if you dont get the tds kit then u are not getting the best kit made....period

·
Registered
12 Posts

mine looks like this...

acerbis headlamp assy, l.e.d. signals and tail. trail tech stator and vapor speedo/tach/water temp

ktm hardparts electric fan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts