SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for grabs is my '97 CR. My wife and I are looking to expand and buy some property to build on, so this girl is going up on the chopping block to build up funds. Otherwise, i would keep it.

I bought this bike about a year ago, and went through the process of tagging it, and getting it street legal, with a fully legal title, just like any gixxer or CBR would have. It is fully street legal and registered/insured in my name. Again, it is FULLY STREET LEGAL.

I spent a lot of time going through this bike and replacing/upgrading almost everything. Here's a list of what all i can remember doing.. I'm sure i'll add more later as I remember them.

-Brand new ported cylinder.
-Brand new pro-x piston [89.25mm]
-Stock compression head, and a .020" milled head
-45w Steahly lighting coil
-Steahly wiring harness, w/ regulator and hi-lo switch
-Trailtech x2 headlight
-Steahly 15oz fww
-Service Honda billet ignition cover
-Brand new studs, dowels and nuts on the entire top end
-Boyesen RAD valve with brand new power reeds
-Devol radiator guards
-IMS 3.2g translucent tank
-Stock 97 seat, and a tall, firm seat with gripper cover
-Brand new 97 scheme plastics
-FMF Gnarly pipe, with FMF Q2 SA silencer
-Atomic 22 o-ringed exhaust flange [no more drool]
-AC Racing AL subframe [very freakin trick]
-Works Connection frame guards
-Magura Fatbars, with oversive Pro Taper mounts
-Brand new OEM clutch cable and perch
-Keihin PWK 38 Air Striker carb, with my own personal jetting settings
-Lots of assorted new OEM fasteners, guiides, etc.
-NGK B8EGV plugs
-Yamalube 2R @ 40:1
-Rotella 40w, every 2 rides, or once daily on all day rides.
-Bike comes with spare CR500 forks, spare CRF450 forks, Revalved and rebuild rear shock by OMS racing spare swingarm, linkage, and another set of dirt wheels.

The top end is completely brand new, with less than an hour of run time on it. The cylinder was machined by Mike Wells Racing in Lexington, KY to match my pro-x 89.25mm piston. Mike releived the exhaust bridge, and gapped the rings for me. The top end is tight, with 190psi of compression [with the stock head].

With my jetting, the bike starts easily, and pulls hard. It shifts well, the clutch grabs cleanly and firmly, and the bike just rolls out. No leaks anywhere. The bike has been taken down to the frame twice, for various stages of my rebuild. All bearings have been heavily cleaned and regreased. The bike is in tip top shape front to rear. Its tight and vibes are minimal [think KTM 625]

I bought the bike to rebuild, and turn into a SM, that had every trick part I could find on it. I've done a lot of trading, buying and selling to get this parts list together. This is the cleanest steelie 500 you are going to see anywhere.

It needs a rear tube, as the current one has a slow leak, and a tailight/brake switch. I stole those parts from this bike for one of my other bikes. I've ordered replacement parts from RockyMountainATV,a nd will have them installed by next weekend [6/4]

$3600 FIRM. This is a CLEAN, STREET LEGAL CR500. Its got a ton of new parts with practically no use.

I will consider trades, especially to the following bikes:

-04+ 550, 650 Bergs
-Husky 510's
-XRR's
-07+ Husky WR300's

I am in NO WAY interested in a crotch rocket or cruiser or any of that mess. If you have a really clean, tagged dirtbike, send me an offer- I might be interested.

The bike is located in Georgetown, KY 40324. The best way to get in touch with me is via call/text. You can reach me at 859 321 four six four nine.

Now, for the pics...

·
Registered
127 Posts
ya its street legal where u are, wherever that is since there no location. unfortunatly not here in california good luck with the sale

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey noob, welcome to the site. Location and contact info added... you should move to a more moto freindly state. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
just tryin to help ya out so people knew. i have an 01 xrr so i atleast have that in this pos state. a 2smoke sure would be fun. bump for a bad ass bike i wish i could have.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be nice guys :) he's right, I forgot to add the location info originally. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
No one builds a bike like Derek. Anal retentive is not even close to a good descriptor for him... he's way worse. You won't be disappointed. Now I'll have to sell mine cause I don't have another 2-stroke guy to hang with. Buy this bike... you'll love it! I do :)

Austin

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lets hear some offers/ trades! :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, well lets make things interesting...

Price drop to $3600 FIRM. You come get it. I'll help deliver up to 200 miles, but it'll be at $1 per mile.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
SOLD!!!:arsenal Thanks Derek.:thumbup:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's true... she headed off to her new home last night. Nice meeting you guys!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts