SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone....

I'm new to the SM world, but not to bikes in general. I've been an everyday rider/commuter for over 22 years, I ride my dirtbikes more often than most people I know, and I started riding plated dirtbikes on the street 8 years ago. I wanted a TE610 for long-distance dual-sporting, but couldn't find a new `07 anywhere (didn't want an `08 with FI and no compression adjusters) but I did find a few SM610's. I was seduced by the sexy front brake (and the lower seat height...I'm 5'1") and now here I am on SMJ :D

I gotta say, this is the most fun I've ever had on the street...hands down. I haven't been much of a recreational street rider in years except for the out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere twisties on my plated KTM450, but that is changing now, of course. I hadn't planned on commuting on it, either, but it's hard to roll the streetbikes out when the 610 is sitting there. I put Pirelli MT60's on it and rode it on a 1-week dualsport ride out in Nevada and it worked really well. The front brake is scary in the dirt, but other than that it is a supremely fun ride off-road. The bike turned out to be everything I hoped it would be...and more!

Anyway, just figured I better stop by and introduce myself. I enjoy the forums quite a bit and have recognized a few "friendly faces" on here.

WoodsChick

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Welcome to the site!

It always amazes me too how much offroading people do with their supermotos. I always feel out of control in a little bit of dirt. But if you watch many supermoto videos on youtube you'll see they take mx jumps and corners with ease.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I can post some photos, but my bike looks like every other stock 610 out there...except maybe not so shiny:) I put Zeta handguards, an Uptite skidplate and Pirelli MT60's on it, changed the plug and allowed the smog stuff to fall off. Other than that and a few minor jetting changes, it is all stock. Anyway, here it is in NV at Austin Summit on the old Lincoln Highway. There are a ton of mountainbike trails just south of the summit and I'd just ridden some of them...

[/IMG]

Again in Nevada...

[/IMG]

And Tallboy, I'm a pretty firm believer in the idea that being a decent dirt rider makes one a better (or perhaps just more prepared) rider on the pavement. The 610 feels pretty much at home off the pavement. A tad heavier than I'm used to, and the MT60's aren't very aggressive, but you can tell that not too far below the surface beats the heart of a kick-ass dirtbike :thumbup:

WoodsChick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts