SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a massive crash and have managed to bent the subframe on my CRF450 is it wise to straighten it or should i buy i new one. it is probably 1/2in lower on the left side.If would someone be able to give me some pointers on straighting it that would be really appriecated. thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
That tool in the link is pretty sweet. Not sure if a half an inch out is that big of a deal, you should be able to bend it back fairly easy. Aluminum isn't exactly know for its ductility so make sure you check for cracks in stress areas and joints after bending it back. With the plastics removed, you should be able to slide a pipe or other leverage device on or around a part of your subframe and just tweak it back. Sometimes a small bottle jack can also be used for persuasion.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I strapped my bike to my truck (hitch) and with a comealong I pulled it to my moms minivan (hitch) and straightened it out. I layed the bike down (again strapping it) and pulled it up also... all plastics bolted up decently after that...I am still rocking that subframe today (more than a year later)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts