SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of that big lame plastic "heel guard" that doesn't do much. Trouble is, when you just remove it the mounting tabs which are welded onto the swinger just don't look right.:hmmm: They could be ground off but I'm guessing the swingarm is coated with something (i dunno what, can anyone chime in?), and I'm way too cheap to spend $50 for an after market solution. So i chopped the stocker down, i think it looks pretty good, anyone else do the same?

Before:

After::thumbup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I couldnt stand the stock one either, though i took a little different approach... sawzall and air sander and some polish made it like it never happened.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I got tired of that big lame plastic "heel guard" that doesn't do much. Trouble is, when you just remove it the mounting tabs which are welded onto the swinger just don't look right.:hmmm: They could be ground off but I'm guessing the swingarm is coated with something (i dunno what, can anyone chime in?), and I'm way too cheap to spend $50 for an after market solution. So i chopped the stocker down, i think it looks pretty good, anyone else do the same?

Before:

I don't know how you could complain about the chain guard when you have a gas tank like that. :infrandom But, I do think it looks much better. I might even cut mine and put it back on now. :thumbup:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Looks good. Nice way to shed a little weight off of your DRZ too. Back when I had my DRZ SM I removed a total of 30 pounds from it by doing little things like that. :)

Have fun and enjoy the reliability of your DRZ.

·
Registered
6 Posts
30 lbs i doubt. id think youd be doing good to get 5-6 lbs. I have a big box of all the stock stuff I have stripped off but i dont know about 30 lbs. maybe he weighed it with full tank and then empty tank ALA~12 lbs spread.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I put the Zeta guard on from wheeling- my bike never came with any stock one to cut down :(

The Zeta seems to do its job just fine.

-Dave

1 - 18 of 18 Posts