SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully utilized stock Husqvarna SM wheels and rotors on a 2006 or later TE510? The rear wheel is a direct bolt in, the front wheel is another story altogether.

Reading between the lines at a lot of different places, I believe that many people have bought EBC brake rotor kits for older Husqvarnas and then bought a KTM style EBC bracket to make it work on a late model.

However, I am relatively confident this does not work with the stock Husqvarna rotor. The stock rotor is 5mm thick (EBC 4mm?) and dished (offset toward the fork). Therefore, it sure does not look possible to mount the caliper in the position required by the KTM bracket.

The drive buttons / rivets on the stock SMR rotor might even be a little of a problem with the TE510 caliper. The slot in it is only 7mm wide, does not leave much room for error with a 5mm thick rotor alone, especially with the complication of rivets sticking out the side!

Although, it will definitely be worth the effort if it does work, as the SMR comes with one bad a$$ rotor!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm, not a lot of TE510 fans here?

So the homemade bracket may be ugly, however, I can definitively say that it is possible to run a stock SM510R rotor on a TE510. Not sure I would trust my life to it on the Dragon, yet at least it proves that the caliper can work with the rotor...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dude, I want to do this with my Husky te450 06'. Do you think that all the specs are the same as the 510? How do I make that homemade bracket? Would you be so kind as to give me some advise? Thanks, Glenn.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just get the EBC rotor without the offset and the KTM bracket it works on 06 to 08 450 and 510. Call EBC they know what you need. I have this on both of my TXC450's and used the same set up on my 06 TE510.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi

I am talking about my 06' TE450. Would like to know if I buy a rear wheel off an SMR 04' 05' 06' 07' 450 or 510, will it require any mods to fit? The guy above says that with the front I have to get ebc disk and ktm spacer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts