SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas I have a newbie question for ya.... What is the difference between a stock hub and a talon hub, what exactly is a talon hub/shape and what are the benefits? Also I see on the motostrano site they only have wheels for the xr650r and not the 650L. Do both these bikes use the same rims? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
they weight alot less and the hub/wheels are considered unsprung weight meaning they are not suspended by your forks/shock. so a small weight reduction equals huge performance gains. they might even be stronger im not sure..and they look cool as hell

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
maybe im wrong about the talons..always thought they were lighter. i know lots of factory riders get special magnesium hubs that are super sick and unavailable to us mortals.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Motostrano

Motostrano has the for the L model, If your racing the machine I'd go with the Talons, If you just street riding, go with the oem hubs>

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah just street mostly. I thought my zx10r was expensive trick out, this is gonna be a nightmare. and it sucks even more cause i dont know much bout dirt bikes. Guess thats what i got you guys for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts