SuperMoto Junkie banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
As a moderator, you need to look at everything. Use the new posts link. I just did that and well there we have 20 more pages of spam. Answer some questions for us.

As a moderator, are you unable to do an IP ban? what about an IP range ban? Like 123.456.789.*.

What are the IP addresses of this current batch of problems? I'm curious of the country of origin.

When someone clicks on the "report post" button where does the notification go?

I'm happy to volunteer as a moderator for any forum I frequent, as long as the forum is privately owned. That rules out every forum owned by VerticalScope, a large for profit company. If they want people to work for them, they should pay them. I bet you'd visit the forum daily if you got a paycheck for it.
this is owned by VS - click the "advertise" link at the top and it's clear

Both this time and the earlier time I've PMd a VS support team member on a site that they're more active on. Don't know if that's why it got fixed or not.

Skully25 is only a mod for pics/vids and lobby, so I wouldn't think he'd be expected to browse the other subforums (obviously he can if he wants, I don't know if he has any mod powers there). In my experience, mods can't ban. They may or may not be able to push enough warnings to result in a ban until an admin arrives to do it for real. They almost certainly can't IP ban.

Super Mods can typically directly ban, it's possible that all the mods here are super mods because I don't see a separate list.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I stopped going to all forums because they became less useful and my time became less available. This is probably the only one i check in based on the email i get. I generally view threads and if i have something useful to add i do(from my phone). It is sad to see it's decline. But also my local sm track(2hrs away), has gone quiet too. I only get there once a year and I am really the only big bike. Mostly karts and some minis. Sad cause we had just built a whole dirt section and SMEC was just starting to get big.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I stopped going to all forums because they became less useful and my time became less available. This is probably the only one i check in based on the email i get. I generally view threads and if i have something useful to add i do(from my phone). It is sad to see it's decline. But also my local sm track(2hrs away), has gone quiet too. I only get there once a year and I am really the only big bike. Mostly karts and some minis. Sad cause we had just built a whole dirt section and SMEC was just starting to get big.
Supermoto racing is the largest in South Africa than it has ever been

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Yeah, tracks around here seem a bit quieter than they were a few years ago too.

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
Where do you ride the sm in Qld? I'm in Texas at the moment, but might be going back to Aust (Qld most likely) next year.

SM is making a nice comeback in SE QLD.

We have practice at “Minimoto” events at Lakeside Raceway (driver training track, not GP circuit)
Really good value practice at Gympie Kart track. Minimoto also runs practice at another kart track.

There is Supermoto Racing this weekend at Stanthorpe (no dirt, run at the “Big Chill”). The “Supermoto Championship” in 2 weeks time at the same track. (With dirt sections).

Australian Championship race at Proserpine later in the year.

Gympie Kart Track
Slow. But can do a little Wheelie

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
Well if anyone in Wisconsin still rides, I'll be hitting USAIR soon. I'll try posting up again to see if anyone wants in.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
There seems to still be tons of SM in SoCal, at least whenever I head out to Mulholland. Not sure why the forum is so quiet, except that there is maybe a new online place where everyone has gone to talk about Supermoto? A subreddit maybe?

·
Read Only
1,275 Posts
Continuing to be more track opportunities for track riding/racing in SE QLD, Australia.
One of the keen guys keeps an updated calendar of events on evil Facebook

“Supermoto of Champions” two weeks ago.
Great prizes down to 5th place in most classes - I won some great 5 five gloves.

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts